Ben Collins IS the stig

MarkyMark

Been all over the news recently, the BBC have tried and failed to stop him releasing his auto biography and revealing his identity. It was stated on here a while ago that he was who everyone thought was the Stig.

Looks like Top Gear will be on the lookout for a new Stig, the last Stig (the black one) was sacked for doing the same thing.

Big surprise to anyone?? Doesn't really bother me in the slightest tbh, i'll still be tuning in if they do or dont get another Stig, if they do get another Stig, i wonder what colour his suit will be?? :thumb:

I knew it was Ben Collins... but to be honest, it doesn't bother me... he's still 'The Stig' once dressed in white racing overalls, white racing shoes and a white helmet.

It still doesn't make it any less special! :thumb:

It's like finding out that midgets do the visual acting in the Teletubbies costumes... ...still keeps me happy :mellow:

Been all over the news recently, the BBC have tried and failed to stop him releasing his auto biography and revealing his identity. It was stated on here a while ago that he was who everyone thought was the Stig.

Looks like Top Gear will be on the lookout for a new Stig, the last Stig (the black one) was sacked for doing the same thing.

Big surprise to anyone?? Doesn't really bother me in the slightest tbh, i'll still be tuning in if they do or dont get another Stig, if they do get another Stig, i wonder what colour his suit will be?? :thumb:

everyone knew who it was anyway, german topgear interviewed him at an event in full stig gear (and helmet) and when he talked you could tell it was ben collins.

Doesnt matter wether he was revealed or not, their loons to bin him, ben collins is a legend in just about any motorsport he cares to participate in and even his apponents have had nothing but praise for his amazing natural abilities.

FFs as a rookie driver he led Le Mans when Ascari (sp) joined with their new prototype, they only wanted to give it a good run in a genuine racing enviroment and Ben did........... by lapping 10 seconds faster than any other driver out there repeatedly, a rookie, in a untested prototype car.... pissin all over ranked race drivers ffs!!!

the fella deserves to be openly applauded without a helmet, bin the Stig I say it had its day.

Clarkson

"we wanted to see how it'd so round are track"

"so only one man can do that....."

"some say that when he uses a urinal it has to be coated with asbestos"

"and he counts indy cars jumping a fence to get to sleep"

"bring on the car master Collins"

....works for me? :pancake:

As above I knew it was him already, I mean, lots of people did, and it's even been in a couple of smalltime newspapers.

Makes no odds to me if he stays or goes, and if he stays weather they still call him the stig, or ben collins.

Maybe the next Stig should be a genuine celebrity though, like a well known F1 driver (I didnt knew who the hell ben collins was until I heard on here he was the Stig, then i watched old episodes of top gear with him in (as himself) , or maybe the enxt stig should be something crazy like Sebine Scmidt or VBH (yes, it'd involve her leaving fifth gear), that'd be an awesome secret if she done it for several years then outed herself and no-one knew a thing.

Ofcourse everyone "knew" he was the Stig, now that it's actually been revealed.

Well if you didn't know, you'd have to be pretty closed to all the internet chat, it's been common knowledge for a long time.

Couldn't care less really, so long as they have one person testing the cars, it gives some kind of vague consistency to the results.

yeah but looks whats happened to Perry McCarthy since. oh joy he was a test driver on Vroom Vroom lets hope the same doesnt happen to our Ben

why would it happen to ben collins?

his career never really ended, he wasnt some unsuccessful retired no-mark F1 wanabe like McCarthy.

Compare there careers, Collins makes McCarthy look like a Kettle gokart racer and Collins hasnt even finished yet!

Collins has managed to impress in every vehicle he's ever competed in and Ive no doubt he'll be able to jump straight back into competative racing without any trouble atall.... unlike McCarthy....who couldnt even get a decent spot with any recognisable team his whole career.

Its worthy of note that even during his work on Top Gear Ben was still competing in the V8 supercar championship.

yeah but looks whats happened to Perry McCarthy since. oh joy he was a test driver on Vroom Vroom lets hope the same doesnt happen to our Ben

why would it happen to ben collins?

his career never really ended, he wasnt some unsuccessful retired no-mark F1 wanabe like McCarthy.

Compare there careers, Collins makes McCarthy look like a Kettle gokart racer and Collins hasnt even finished yet!

Collins has managed to impress in every vehicle he's ever competed in and Ive no doubt he'll be able to jump straight back into competative racing without any trouble atall.... unlike McCarthy....who couldnt even get a decent spot with any recognisable team his whole career.

Its worthy of note that even during his work on Top Gear Ben was still competing in the V8 supercar championship.

How come he isn't in F1? Even if it is a rubbish team? Surely if he's that good (and he has tested in F1 before) then he'd be a much better driver than some of them