Dashboard?

Strikey

At the moment I have a dashboard without a REV counter with the original black dial faces, as far as i know the rev counter cable is there anyway so if i was to get a dashboard with the same mileage which i have found also has white dials could that be used instead or would they be additional wiring ect...

Just mine are black and doesn't have a rev counter just some picture what makes you feel as though you are playing demolition derby. So therefore i am buying some dials off the net from same mark as mine mark 6 and they look as though they have come out of a GTI, so with any luck i can use it as i don't fancy having an aftermarket rev counter. Will be looking for a volts meter and other stuff later when car almost onto completion.

i have a set of white mk6 dials if interested?

Already bidding on one on Ebay so if i lose the bid i will contact you not too fussed about the white as i would have just done that myself i just thought it would have saved me a job i am mainly interested in the rev counter lmao as i do not have one haha.

Really appreciate the offer

What is the mileage of the old and new dials currently, personally i'd say unless your car is an uber low miler then it aint worth the hassle. I changed clocks on my base model 1.4 years back and didnt worry about mileage readings since both clocks read well over 100k

Split the front and rear of the dials (undo the bulbs at the top) then its 2 clips at the top and two at the bottom. Remove all the dials separately (torx again), on the back of the speedo are wee torx bits that hold the miles barrel in place, just undo these and swap them round :) HTH

Switch it on before you put the dash back together or even reconnect the speedo cable, as with yours being a 1.4 theres a good chance you'll have to wire it in, but its one wire from the ecu to the dials and its easy to do :)