ambulance, police etc.....

danny1987

Like it says late at nite no one around always look and if it aint safe obviously wait

In all honesty! No I wouldnt risk it, I have sat at the lights at 3am in the morning but wouldnt take the chance for the sake of 2-3mins. Even if theres no one at the lights theres no saying someone wont come hurtling out of no where & smash into the side of you. Speeders, joyriders etc, anything could happen.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

P4ul, what a sniff, soon you'll be caught!!!

As for this situation it has been raised before, I have personally crossed a red light (with stoplight camera on it) for an ambulance before (didnt get a letter, maybe no film in camera)

I would do it again too, the chances of you getting sideswiped at said red light are (i'd say) ZERO, since there is an ambulance with it's siren WAILING following you straight through, all left-right traffic will be waiting at their respective GREEN light for the ambulance to pass through.

I have gone through red lights and pulled to the sides as safely as I can many times for ambulances, police cars and fire engines. I'm sure that the consequences of death on your hands because you sat at the lights would be worse than a few points which can be contested.

The only time I have gone through a red light on purpose was 2 years ago in Sheffield just outside of meadow hall at 3am in the morning. Every other light remained green and mine red for 10mins without any traffic in any other direction, sure enough I never hard anything from it.

If i was familiar with the area and lights EG where the light cameras are etc. i would of considered going through, if i was not familiar i have to say i think i would of thought twice before moving through on Red... after all if it is a posability that i will get points because of it etc it may not be worth it, it COULD be a prank call for the ambulance, some ones toe stuck up the tap or anything... i would just hope there would be some proof there to back up that you was infact moving for the emergency services at the time. Edited by danny1987

It was in the paper a few years ago about a guy "running" a red light to let an ambulance get passed.

He was on cctv "running" a red light and was sent to court.

I think he got a fine for "running" the red light.

The ambulance driver stood up for the man driving the car but it didnt do any good.

Its a shame tho, but i guess thats what the world has come to theses days.

I may be proved wrong here but I believe even the emergency service by law should stop at red lights ect, I think this happened not so long ago when a fire engine struck a car at some lights, but if i remember rightly no action was taken.

I believe that's true. As far as I know the only vehicle legally allowed to go through a red light is a royal mail van as it carries the queens crest, but I may also be proved wrong