anti roll bar advice needed

rebellious

Some Mk6 rear beams have a seperate a/r bar bolted to them. The question you should be asking yourself is which beam is stiffer? Is a GTI beam without a seperate a/r bar stiffer than an earlier RS2k one with a seperate bar?

Then again a more pertinent question would be why do you want to change the bars at all? I can only assume you're not sure what they do if you want to put a thicker one on the front?

just want it to corner better without spending £££'s on a spring kit tbh. thaught uprating the roll bars would be the way to go?

I think somehow you've got to the right decision, partially, but you want to be focusing on the rear, not the front. It's a FWD car right? That means you want more effective grip on the front. This means you can remove grip from the rear to make the car more neutral (it's a compromise).

Summary: make the rear bar stiffer somehow.

im assuming your focusing the attention on the rear due to the fact their isnt one on a mk6, yes its fwd,

now as far as rear beam stiffening goes, what would you recomend as a "best method"?

I suggested the rear because that is the end of the car with the problem, the fact that it has a seperate a/r bar fitted or not is irrelevant. As I suggested above, the GTI beam (without seperate a/r bar) may be stiffer than you think.

The best method? Well that'd involve a custom rear beam, various thickness bars and adjustable blades, but i'm not sure that's the path you really wish to go down?

The simple method? Get a rear beam with an a/r bar on it and either get a custom thicker bar made for it with brackets, OR try and run two bars with custom brackets. May need slight exhaust work if the second bar gets in the way.

Or fit the ARB to the thicker beam. More work than fitting 2 bars though as you have to fabricate the mounting points on the sides if the beam.

And also at least some of the later beams (GTI for example) have additional strengthening plates in the corners which stop an a/r bar bolting straight on. This is why I suggested the earlier a/r bar beam :)