my friend wants to carry an engine in his car

Jordan99940

basically my friend doesnt know how to use the internet he is in the dark ages lol and he is wondering would it be safe to carry a 106 gti engine in the back of his 106 rallye it has been lowered i dont think it would but i dont know for sure. any one have any idea on this?

thanks Jordan

Ask yourself how much it weighs, and how much a slightly larger individual ways and compare.

Obviously noone can tell you how 'safe' it'd be as we don't know how low the car is. Also not strapping it down securely is 'less safe' than doing so.

going on my self i say an average person weighs about between 70-80 kg ish and the engine weighs about 120 i thinks its just its all in one spot to be honest i dont think its safe considering his car has been lowered quite a bit i think he is better off getting one delivered then

cheers guys

It's up to him at the end of the day, only he knows how much lower his car will drop with the engine in, and how far he is going with it. With the rear bench removed and the engine lashed into the forward most part of the "boot" it should be no worse than carrying 2 normal lads on the rear bench, in fact, 1 engine weighs less than the rear bench + 2 lads

it should be fine, 120kg in one spot? i know people who weigh that, im 90kg! had an rs2000 engine, subfdrame and all running gear in the boot of a focus, that heavy we needed a fortlift truck to put it in there lol.

just make sure u put something under it to spread the weight. as long as its not on its arse lowering shouldnt be a prob.

once got 14 people in a mk3 astra (in a car park i might add) it struggled a bit but still went lol