quick one

shawdreamer

Mate just phoned me proper giddy excited saying he'd managed to scoop a absolute bargain at a big car auction, asked if Id help him shift it on.

he got as far as saying its,

kitted up

N reg

Toyota

and a Coupe then his moby must have died cos it went dead and I keep getting his answering service on ring back.

so can anyone give me a round about idea what coupe's toyota produced that were registered within the N reg period in the UK.

Supra's?

Celica's?

Mr2's?

LOLOL

its a feckin Celica Gts (spit of karls on ere)

silver, 2L, Imported, 18" Rs chrome multispokes, full veilside kit alround (including the full nose section)

daft c*nts only just gone 19 so he's only just realised his insurance will have a field day, already talking about selling it.

He's left it at mine so I can have a nose at the brake pads up front after I noticed a bad squeek when he pulled in, Ive warned him it has to be gone by the afternoon aslong as he intends to keep the utterly tragic dragon tribal vinyl down the doors, said aslong as he promises to bin em first chance he gets it can stay next to my slut until Ive gone over it for any nasty unseen damage.

as far as I can see the only damage to the paintwork is a couple of minor chips pn the rear spoiler leg (aso the veilside spoiler btw) and apart from that it looks like a nice clean motor.

so....what sort of price is he looking at if he gets ricter lubed by his insurance

after the insurance company laugh at him for about 10 minutes.... how much would he be looking to sell it?

aslong as I dont find any hidden terrors tomorrow Id have said between 1.5k - 2.5k(absolute maximum) with the veilside kit and alloys staying on the car and the hideous vinyls leaving.

but I aint no Celica expert and dont know how much the "import" label would effect the price.

I do know its one of the cleanest GT's Ive seen in a longtime and will either confirm or sqaush that when Ive got good light on it in the mornin.

So how much of a bargain was it?

cant say, he hasnt told me but he's due round later to go his dads (across the way from me) and see if Ive found any nasty's on the motor.

saying that though when I said it'd probably go for around the 2k mark if it was as tidy as it appeared he seemed reasonably pleased.

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/25345.jpg

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/25346.jpg

note the gash vinyl :rolleyes:

note the gash vinyl :rolleyes:

And the shite bodykit and wheels.

agreed, not to my taste either what with me prefering the subtle smoothed approach to modifying.

but still..... appeals to the extreme jap types out there I suppose, plus the alloys are 18" with what I can tell is near new rubber all round.

What a Fcuking complete retard not getting a quote for it before parting with the cash. An IMPORT modified celica and a 19 year old. It's never going to happen. (My bro in law was quoted well over a grand to insure an imported toyota previa, wit the UK model only costing a couple of hundred)

What a Fcuking complete retard not getting a quote for it before parting with the cash. An IMPORT modified celica and a 19 year old. It's never going to happen. (My bro in law was quoted well over a grand to insure an imported toyota previa, wit the UK model only costing a couple of hundred)

had a word earlier and he told me it cost him 2k flat for the motor (and 50 odd quid to the auctioneer iirc).

he also said the couple of qoutes he got were more than the cost of the car :roll: .

As far as I can tell its in good shape to, only usual small paintwork blemishes that could easily t-cut out and the rear spoiler chips seemingly being the only notable chips (front spoiler looks like its scraped a kerb slightly tho).

even tho it doesnt have the model spec designation uk cars have (due to it being an import) as far as I can tell its a GT with the 2L 3s-fe engine, which also runs smooth as a nut for an engine with 100+k on it.

Ive told him to either get it up for sale quick or wait for the local auction on a good night (packs out tuesday and thursday night) and hope he can get his money back on it.