mk6 gti bumper on mk5 rs2000

bad ass cossie

did a mk6 evotech to a mk5b before now, evotech and standard mk6 bumper have the same tops which is were all the problems are when you try to fit a mk6 bumper to a mk5 front end.

It took hours of fibreglassing and filling to get the top to blend into the mk5b front and tbh it wasnt really worth the hassle and time and plus if Id not had plenty of past experience with fibre and filler Id have never pulled it off atall.

did a mk6 evotech to a mk5b before now, evotech and standard mk6 bumper have the same tops which is were all the problems are when you try to fit a mk6 bumper to a mk5 front end.

It took hours of fibreglassing and filling to get the top to blend into the mk5b front and tbh it wasnt really worth the hassle and time and plus if Id not had plenty of past experience with fibre and filler Id have never pulled it off atall.

They make an Evotech rear?

They make an Evotech rear?

whoopsie I missed the "rear" bit

....which is strangely something I never do with my missus :unsure:

so in correction,

a Mk6 onto a mk5 wont be an issue and a straight swap but there's very little difference in shape and barring the trim that go's across the upper impact area of a mk5 rear bumper very little visual difference.

Hmm im not so sure, Mk5b & mk6 ok rather similar but im sure mk5 is a different kettle of fish.

Im not 100% & although it may technically fit would look all out of place im sure?

For instance they make a mk6/mk5b st24 rear & a Mk5 st24 as different items, see?

Edited by PeeWee

you will need to smooth the boot shut recess on the gti bumper and possibly trim/moddify the top edge on each side as the bits under the rear lights are deiffernt shape. I started having a go a few months ago but got bored. Might have another play over the weekend if i get chance.