:O Tyres!!!

danny1987

ok, just spoke to 'Alex' at national, now these tyres havent actully been fitted yet but were paid for for fitting today so i called and basically told him my fellow forum members have just slagged your wanli tyres rotten and have completly put me off going through with the purchase.he says hes done me a deal but i think hes just conned more money out of me...

he told me to have the toyo's put on at the same size would be an extra £9 a tyre (inc fitting) on top of the 324 already paid, however he couldnt get them in untill thursday so he made a call and said hes got me a good deal on some Avons!?!?

he said they should be £129 a tyre... although he will do them for me at the same price that the toyo's were so £90 a tyre.

now totaling £360

Avons avalible here

£72 each, plus £2.50 postage each

Plus few quid for fitting somewhere,

If your saying you can get them at £90 fitted each, thats okay(ish) dont forget big companies get them alot cheaper at trade, so there proberly making £35 a tyre off you, which i quite high as mark ups on tyres are not very high believe it or not.

Where i work we get trade prices, but as we dont buy masses of them we dont get that great a price, (as in only few quid less than camskills) camskills only make around £3 - £5 per tyre they sell! there margins are mega small!

If i were you id have saved a bit of cash and got a good tyre, something like the Falken ZE452 is a good mid range tyre.

to be fair, i usually use the national tyres near me, every time Ive gone and ive haggled with them and usually managed to get a good £20-30 off (per pair). Their website is usually cheaper, too.

and Avon ZZ3s are quite good tyres, but theyre not normally £129 a tyre...

just got back, i have 4 x Avon zz3's attahced to my wheels, got to say i was impressed on the drive home :D

Edited by danny1987

You feckin eejit.

And i bet they scrub!

Shoulda bought tyres online from mytires,blackcircles, or camskill, had them delivered to your house, and paid a garage a tenner a corner to fit them, that way you coulda been running (in 205) top of the range tyres for what you've paid for nasty shite.

You live and learn

Oh, and the puncture comment isnt an excuse for getting ripped off, i'd rather leave my car off the road whilst waiting for blackcircles to deliver than rushing to get it done and getting raped

Edited by Craig855S

You feckin eejit.

And i bet they scrub!

Shoulda bought tyres online from mytires,blackcircles, or camskill, had them delivered to your house, and paid a garage a tenner a corner to fit them, that way you coulda been running (in 205) top of the range tyres for what you've paid for nasty shite.

You live and learn

Oh, and the puncture comment isnt an excuse for getting ripped off, i'd rather leave my car off the road whilst waiting for blackcircles to deliver than rushing to get it done and getting raped

Err... £72 per tyre + £2.50 postage +~£10 fitting per tyre = £84.50

He paid £90 per tyre fitted there and then

Ok, so its not as cheap as he possibly could have got it, but he got it done the easy way, didnt have to faff around with waiting on delivery/collection of the tyres, and then finding someone to fit them for a tenner a corner.

I think calling him a feckin eejit is a bit harsh...

(although it wouldnt have been if he had got the ditch finders)

I made my initial post after only reading page 1, so I wasnt aware of you switching to Avons. That's a much better deal they've given you (blackcircles say those tyres should be 92.70 each inc fitting..

Blackcircles budget crap are only 56 inc fitting though (and you'll probably find they are Wanlis or similar)

P Zero Neros and and continental contiport contacts can be had in that size for 105 a corner inc fitting.

lol glad its sorted, my tiny 14 inch steelies on my e30 were £15 a corner for part worns :P granted they are all different, all budget crap and i swear one is off a caravan...ones also developed a bulge as i dont think its raqted for high speeds....and the back two are nigh on slicks in less than a month :D

lol glad its sorted, my tiny 14 inch steelies on my e30 were £15 a corner for part worns :P granted they are all different, all budget crap and i swear one is off a caravan...ones also developed a bulge as i dont think its raqted for high speeds....and the back two are nigh on slicks in less than a month :D

thats too much drifting your doing then

i have a feeling this will be the same thing with my mk1 :rolleyes: