Phantom steering problum

Mad Man Measures

I have a little issue with my steering. I know what the problem is just not how to fix it. There is a bit of play in the near side front wheel it moves about 1/8" side to side. I took it to a mechanics a while back an he said it was a loose nut an tightened it but the problem didn’t go away, I have also had new wish bones as there was a problem with them but I still have the same problem There would appear to be nothing wrong with the track rod ends or the arb bushes. There is a bit of movement in the drive shaft but there is the same movement in the off side drive shaft an there is no play in that wheel. When I move the wheel from side to side the whole hub moves so it is unlikely to be the bearing

Any ideas?

I have a little issue with my steering. I know what the problem is just not how to fix it. There is a bit of play in the near side front wheel it moves about 1/8" side to side. I took it to a mechanics a while back an he said it was a loose nut an tightened it but the problem didn’t go away, I have also had new wish bones as there was a problem with them but I still have the same problem There would appear to be nothing wrong with the track rod ends or the arb bushes. There is a bit of movement in the drive shaft but there is the same movement in the off side drive shaft an there is no play in that wheel. When I move the wheel from side to side the whole hub moves so it is unlikely to be the bearing

Any ideas?

use a pry bar move the joints around with it see witch one moves in a abnormal way

Edited by mrfixit

Any ideas?

use a pry bar move the joints around with it see witch one moves in a abnormal way

CheeRS I found which joint is behaveing badly an I need a new wheel hub