Been the auctions....

Craig855S

Just got back from a few hours at the auctions.

I was very surprised to find that small cars, even really old ones (T reg) were selling for crazy prizes (1000 for a T reg micra) compared to larger cars (750 for a Y reg alfa 156, and 500 for a 03 plate C5 HDI)

The cars that went for the most money were the newest of the small cars, like tiny kias only 1-2 years olf going for 4-6 grand (surely they dont cost much more than that new)

A Y reg Lexus GS (probably with a huge engine) went for 800.

I'm hoping to find an S60 D5 there one day soon to buy but I was tempted as fook by so many of the cars coming through. The C5 HDI for instance is a shitload of car and cost only 50 quid more than what i paid for my 1997 306 priavately. However im hoping to find a Volvo which is "A shitload of car PLUS ace engine, stereo and seats"

Oh, and over the road from the auction were we parked there were loads of abandoned cars, 3 Ex police white V70s, 1 S80, and several written off cars (2005 astra and suchlike) and they were all unlocked. Anyone need any bits? lol

good news for me,as i will probably need to get a small van when i get back to the UK because of ma dogs.

not convinced by that i have been goin to auctions a lot this year and things have been fetchin silly money y reg saxo 1.1 102k miles with 3 days mot left and less than a months tax £620 without the fees added

good news for me,as i will probably need to get a small van when i get back to the UK because of ma dogs.

There were no small vans there, only 3 big ones (Movanos and the big renaults)

your local to me then did you go to witney auctions? havenet been there for a few years, my dad and uncle were always buying cars from there.

Yep, the one between witney and minster lovell

As said its been that way for a long long time. More so of recent its been better to buy privite.

Better to buy private if you want a small hatch like 206, but not if you want saloons (You wont find 406s,vectras,A4s,passats etc selling privately for this cheap)

most big engined cars are cheap. ask trig what he paid (if he got it?) for a ( i think) 57 plate jag with a big engine. my 3.5 e35 was £500 iv seen v12 bmws going for under 4 grand. if you can afford to run a big car then its the best timwe to get one, but remember you couldnt justify running your v8 s id stick to the smaller stuff.

Im not saying I want to go for a V6 vectra or a T5 volvo, I personally want a D5 Volvo but cant understand why theyre selling for a shitload less than an ever so slightly newer corsa..

Take into acount running costs and the Volvo will still be cheaper to run for 12 months than the corsa, and you get so much more from a volvo.

And then there are the small engined saloons, which you think would be ideal for families, a 1.8 vectra for instance, selling for a lot less than a 1.4 corsa...I know what i'd prefer to move my family round in.

But hey, this means that I can take advantage of these idiots, If they wanna drive down the price of saloons by buying corsas as family cars then woop for us saloon people.