Handed in my notice for tomorrow at Halfords- Will I get paid? Place y

LiamGTR

try never to leave anywhere on bad terms u may never know when u neeed to go back

Exactly, that's why I've tried to do everything professionally and write a letter, and apologise for the short notice etc.

Again, I start on Sat so not much I can do other than that, if he's going to be a bitch about it IF and when I may ever need to re-apply there... so be it :unsure:

halfrauds like to screw you over but they'll pay you the hours you worked
They carnt not pay you if you have worked you will be paid for what youve worked on the normal pay date

Oh well that's good to hear :)

I left halfrauds about 2 months ago to work for unipart :)

I handed in 2 weeks notice, but i wasnt going to i asked my manager if i could just up sticks and Fcuk off and he said its not best to, to which i told him i couldnt care less.........you will get paid for what you have worked you just wont get a reference if you ever needed one lol

Boo hoo, i've already started my new job so a reference is not neeeded :P You've left too eh? Feels good doesn't it :pancake:

It does feel very very good, i had a huge work load due to me being the only person that had a clue about things :@, it only took me 3 and a half years to leave :nutter:

I would make you work your notice period. Its in the contract you signed what your notice period was.

Be nice to your manager when you hand your notice in, prepare to be flexible as you are the one that is going in with an unreasonable request. At best they wont be bothered and you can finish when you want. Just dont go in with a bad attitude and you could get the outcome you want.

My manager said he would make me work mine......but to be fair they have NO say on what you do, they dont own you. If Liam took as much rubbish as my manager gave he would just go.lol

I would make you work your notice period. Its in the contract you signed what your notice period was.

Be nice to your manager when you hand your notice in, prepare to be flexible as you are the one that is going in with an unreasonable request. At best they wont be bothered and you can finish when you want. Just dont go in with a bad attitude and you could get the outcome you want.

trig you couldn't make him - the best you could do was to take him to court for loss of earnings :)

saying that, you should always leave on good terms imo

Who is the enxt highest person up, maybe ask them, and if they really want you to work a notice ask them if you can do a couple of hours for a few evenings, or any shifts they want to give you just get a mate to cover?

I asked Nik (next high up guy) and he said he'll make sure I do and he's been pretty sound with me throughout so i'll take hisword for it. But call me spitful or whatnot but i'd rather not do anymore hours in that place i'm sick of the sight of bikes :pancake:

It does feel very very good, i had a huge work load due to me being the only person that had a clue about things :@, it only took me 3 and a half years to leave :nutter:

My manager said he would make me work mine......but to be fair they have NO say on what you do, they dont own you. If Liam took as much rubbish as my manager gave he would just go.lol

Looks like I got the good end of Halfords, my manager(s) were alright as i just got my head down and built bikes 24/7.

But yea... leaving felt good! I looked like this as I left:

http://images.memegenerator.net/Troll-Face/ImageMacro/2620920/UMAD-FEELS-GOOD.jpg