looking to buy xbox but what if its banned

danny1987

You press a different button to what you may be used to, read the instructions, I had to for the first few times i plpayed fifa 09. You can use the right stick to select the player to the left/right/up/down of the current player selected, or you press...I think its L1 (on a PS3)

• 3 weeks later...
Getting back on topic, how does a console get banned? why? i bought myself a console about a month ago, second hand frpm ebay, seller seemed genuine and i have no intention of playing online anyway.... but what is the cause? people cheating on games or cracking consoles or?

Getting back on topic, how does a console get banned? why? i bought myself a console about a month ago, second hand frpm ebay, seller seemed genuine and i have no intention of playing online anyway.... but what is the cause? people cheating on games or cracking consoles or?

You can chip the xbox so it'll play copied games. Microsoft can work out from serial numbers what ones are chipped and then ban them from online.

You can chip the xbox so it'll play copied games. Microsoft can work out from serial numbers what ones are chipped and then ban them from online.

Nothing to do with "serial numbers" or "chips"

Long running debate that no one can 100% answer. Most likely cause is playing games before release date & badly patched disks.

Microsoft change their method of detection but the cant tell if a box has been exploited by serial or dvd drive modification (the 360 exploit and protection is in the drive firmware NOT a chip.

So Rob, in a nutshell its the playing of pirate games that causes the ban, matters not if the box is online or not when playing as the 360 registers the offence for next online or next ban wave).

Its not just the playing of copyed games that gets you a ban.. last big ban wave was because they found hot to detect the firmware flash ixtreme on the dvd drives.. also they look at the replys they get from the console on power usege I had a m8 get banned and all he done was add a aftermarket fan to replace the stock fan..

They are also killing off the dev kit machines, the last 2 updates of last year killed the jtag exploit, they could play any game off HDD and you could fitt any size HDD noon xbox HDD you wanted.. ;)

I have 2 ;) lucky me..

Also Jtag machines give you the option to mod the 360 game's ie halo reach now has mods dead rising 2 has mods Plus smackdown vs raw 2010 has every wrestler from every other xbox360 wwe game in it..

with that been said their is a new dvd flash out thats ment to be undetectable.. LT ;)

On another note MS cause the RROL by only setting the stock fans to run at 50% so the idle temp of the CPU is 70c+ and the GPU is 60c+ now runing 100% fans speed gives you temps of CPU 50 - 55c and GPU 40 - 50c under load..

The last ban wave was more to do with how ixtreme checked for unchecked discs, the LT firmware simply doesnt check but means your backups need to be 100% checked yourself instead of relying on ixtreme firmware to do the work. This is why many of the older firmwares escaped the banwave such as 1.4 etc.

Cant say I have ever come accross a ban on a totally unmodded (except for a fan) 360 though?

Edited by PeeWee