airport security: or lack of it!

KNITERIDER

if something as detrimental to the well being of people is put at so much risk then perhaps they deserve to loose there jobs.

its the devil and the deep blue sea.

i wont lie, id love to make a few quid off it, but also know that, as craig said, if i tell security they might do something but nothing will change in the long run, if the papers get hold of it then things will have to change.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it not a bit hypocritical that you haven't been bothered about it until you got a new job?

To me it appears that you're wanting to make a fast buck (nothing wrong with that) and your "worry" is a way to justify it.

To be fair he didn't know this happened until he got his new job surely?

Is it not a bit hypocritical that you haven't been bothered about it until you got a new job?

To me it appears that you're wanting to make a fast buck (nothing wrong with that) and your "worry" is a way to justify it.

To be fair he didn't know this happened until he got his new job surely?

The airport is his CURRENT job.. his new job is at a Prison

Martin has a valid point

^^right, but like Martin said, how come you never bothered about this while you were still working at the airport?

EDIT: OK, now I'm getting confused

Is the airport (with the bad security) the PREVIOUS job you had? Ie, you worked there for a while, then quit to start at the Prison?

Or have I missed something?

il explain lol. i lost my job the 20th of last month and been looking for part time work since til i got the job at the prison.

i got told i had an interview for tuesday at the prison for the 14th sept.

on monday the 13th sept however the job agency (where i was looking for part time work) rang me and asked me to work mon night which i did (half a shift) so that was my first night, i then had my interview at the prison and then worked a 2nd full shift at the airport tues night, this is when i realised the state of security. since then i have been off, my first shift back will be tonight. i am still working at the airport til i start my prison guard job next month.

i have only worked one 4 hourshift and one 8 hour shift at the airport so far (1.5 nights) so have only just started there. i will be leaving in just under 4 weeks to start the prison job. hope that makes sense :)

Apologies. The way I've read your posts I naturally believed you'd been working there almost a month.

lol no probs its most likely me confusing you all.

hope my last post made more sense :) the airport is a new temp job so have not had time to do anything at all :)

Why did you lose your last job?

to cut a long story short when they asked me if i needed another opp on my head and i said yes, in the space of 2 weeks i went from nothing wrong to getting warning for this that and everything all stuff from past work which at the time was trivial and they wernt bothered about. in the end i jumped before i was pushed. it was a hell of a lot of crap to deal with especially as i split up with the mrs a week later but it gave me the push to go for a job i wanted :)