How the MOD waste our money

Craig855S

I'll be watching this, I'm interested in the exact figures behind the shambles called the MOD procurement system. Idiots being trusted with taxpayers money to buy new military kit but paying waaay too much, and the kit turns out to be rubbish/late/over budget.

Anyone else gonna watch?

As far as i am aware the procurement system was changed recently, mainly in light of the budget. But yes the old way was being taken advantage of compainies knowing that they could overcharge the MOD as if someone were to goto the papers and say the MOD were skimping on money when it came to saftey measures and possible life saving technology, then that would be much more of a disgrace than overpaying for the items.

It can't be worse than spending £25 million on bringing over the Pope (£10 million of which was taxpayers money).

good point. im not catholic. do i get my tax back?

I am Catholic and wish that paedophile hiding prat would french connection united kingdom OFF back to Italy.

And as for the TAX they'd waste the money on some other shite anyway

its the same in most departments! procurement system where I work is stupid! government should start using ebay IMO

It can't be worse than spending £25 million on bringing over the Pope (£10 million of which was taxpayers money).

love to know where you get your figures from :nutter:

its the same in most departments! procurement system where I work is stupid! government should start using ebay IMO

love to know where you get your figures from :nutter:

It was from The Times newspaper.

It's common knowledge that the Government put in £10 million, the Church of England put in £10 million and the security and transport costs were £5 million.