Show us your...

TC-DNB

Having seen the latest snake thread, thought id post my new pet up...

This is Mampi, 10month old bearded dragon in her custom made (apparently) viv

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/TC-DNB/mampi/IMG_0212.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/TC-DNB/mampi/IMG_0186.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/TC-DNB/mampi/IMG_0211.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/TC-DNB/mampi/IMG_0190.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/TC-DNB/mampi/IMG_0189.jpg

And this was the squeeze getting the viv into my cabby!

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/TC-DNB/mampi/IMG_0184.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/TC-DNB/mampi/IMG_0188.jpg

She has settled in OK, eating her veg most mornings and the locus, but wont eat crickets (im assuming because she had locus, crickets now seem less tasty and nutritional). Once she has fully settled into her new home, i will give her pinky mice for a treat once a month. Mampi is pretty placid and has never biten me or attacked me. Doesnt mind being handled and doesnt smell like my mates one!

Anyone else got a beardy or lizard? Would be good to chat and get some hints/tips etc about care and handling.

Tom

Does Mampi mean something? Just seems weird 2 people calling them the same name

That is pretty weird but im assuming he too has named it after the DJ, Mampi Swift.

I actually didnt name her, the previous owner did (also a dnb DJ lol)

no way, i called my cresty mampi!! il do a pic tonight. she might not like crickets because i hear crickets bite.

:))

Yea get a pic mate! I might not bother with the crickets now, she looked well p!ssed off this morning because they were all hiding and making noise. Cant wait to feed her a pinky...nomnomnom! :roll:

looking good mate didnt know these ate pinkies?

just a wrod of caution tho (u may well know about it tho) sand can sometimes called impaction, shops use it as it looks pretty but can sometimes cause life threatenng troubles.

als is your light guarded and on a thermostat? (im asuming its a uv and a basking light all in one?)

looking good mate didnt know these ate pinkies?

just a wrod of caution tho (u may well know about it tho) sand can sometimes called impaction, shops use it as it looks pretty but can sometimes cause life threatenng troubles.

als is your light guarded and on a thermostat? (im asuming its a uv and a basking light all in one?)

Yea mate, search it on youtube it's funny. Poor little things get munched straight up.

Regarding sand i did know that, but every 'expert' i've spoke to said it's much safer than bark (due to swallowing and choking).

Lights are seperate...got a UV strip which i have on a timer (14 hours of light a day). Its good for them to have regular times of day/night. Got a basking light which hangs freely - no need for a guard TBH it wont reach it unless it learns to stand up on its rear legs! lol i turn this off when i go to bed and when i wake up. Temp has never dropped below 65 so all good. In the winter season i will be prob leave this on over night. And and lights thermostated i believe.

you need a guard, as iv seen these climb up and stand on these even when it looks impossibe, better safe than sorry as it can cause some sever burns. it will only be thermostated if you have a seperate thermostat it plugs into and a probee you have to put under the hotspot. id double check on if pinkies are good to feed to these, yes they can eat them but id double check its ok too.

get yourself onto www.reptileforums.co.uk its a bril website. if you go onto the lizard section and look at caresheets it may give you a bit of insight :) hope this helps (my reticulated python is in the bath and just had a big poo grrrrrrr)

you need a guard, as iv seen these climb up and stand on these even when it looks impossibe, better safe than sorry as it can cause some sever burns. it will only be thermostated if you have a seperate thermostat it plugs into and a probee you have to put under the hotspot. id double check on if pinkies are good to feed to these, yes they can eat them but id double check its ok too.

get yourself onto www.reptileforums.co.uk its a bril website. if you go onto the lizard section and look at caresheets it may give you a bit of insight :) hope this helps (my reticulated python is in the bath and just had a big poo grrrrrrr)

The position of the light it would be impossible to climb on. Theres nothing around it for her to climb on or up, but may be worth doing like you say. Yea its definately thermostated as the probe hangs near the hotspot like you said. I remember my mate telling me about it. Pinkies are fine ive read but i wil check out that site, thanks fella. Yea i need to bath mine soon, she hasn't been given one for ages. Going to wait until shes happy with me before i chuck her in some water. Not suprised its done a dump, the water helps with their bowle (sp?) movements IIRC.

Cheers for the comments bro :thumb:

no probs mate glad youve taken it the rite way as its hard to say things to people over the internet without sounding like your preaching lol. aye better safe than sorry, if i was you as from what i can see the only thermometer you have is the dial one, id get a digital one off ebay, there about 2 quid and have 2 probes. the reason i say this as the dial ones are really unaccurate. mine was about 5C out which is alot for a reptile, as soon as i sorted the temps tot he digital my none feeding boa...fed :D

also gives you the option of putting one probe under hot spot to read the temp there (is it 40c or something for these? iv nver looked into them) and the other can go on the cool area so you can get the temps more accurate :)

can you bath lizards? as i say iv never looked into it, either way id make it very shallow so it dosnt drown as i doubt there good swimmers lol there was a case witht he rspca taking an animal because they thought it should live in water (some kind of lizard) and they put it in a tank and drowned it. sayting that the rspca are awful especially with reps, never ever ever let them in your home!

ps, you said you have a thermostat, im guessing you have set the temperature on the thermo stat using the dial? (just making sure were talking about the same thing lol)

no probs mate glad youve taken it the rite way as its hard to say things to people over the internet without sounding like your preaching lol. aye better safe than sorry, if i was you as from what i can see the only thermometer you have is the dial one, id get a digital one off ebay, there about 2 quid and have 2 probes. the reason i say this as the dial ones are really unaccurate. mine was about 5C out which is alot for a reptile, as soon as i sorted the temps tot he digital my none feeding boa...fed :D

also gives you the option of putting one probe under hot spot to read the temp there (is it 40c or something for these? iv nver looked into them) and the other can go on the cool area so you can get the temps more accurate :)

can you bath lizards? as i say iv never looked into it, either way id make it very shallow so it dosnt drown as i doubt there good swimmers lol there was a case witht he rspca taking an animal because they thought it should live in water (some kind of lizard) and they put it in a tank and drowned it. sayting that the rspca are awful especially with reps, never ever ever let them in your home!

ps, you said you have a thermostat, im guessing you have set the temperature on the thermo stat using the dial? (just making sure were talking about the same thing lol)

No probs...

Yea i have a digital one as well as a dial. It tells me average temp, min and max. The highest ive seen it is 102.2...the lowest 68.0. Seems perfect.

Yea you can bath in very shallow water. Helps them shed skin too.

Fcuk the RSPCA lol

good good :) its just keeping the temps the same. iv got my boa and burmese python on ceramics and my rat snake and reticulated python on heat mats for now. the retic will be on ceramic soon tho.

yea bathings the same for snakes, that and a moist hide with spagnum moss helps when they get close to shedding.

good good :) its just keeping the temps the same. iv got my boa and burmese python on ceramics and my rat snake and reticulated python on heat mats for now. the retic will be on ceramic soon tho.

yea bathings the same for snakes, that and a moist hide with spagnum moss helps when they get close to shedding.

Been told to stay away from heatmats are they can burn easy on them. Something to do with poor pain receptors underneath body. Temps seem good apparently they are suppose to cool down at night and warm back up again.

Ooo....1001 posts now. Status change!

not sure with lizards but its a good argument, same with bigger bodied snakes as they cause thermal blocking meaning they heat up in one area to much and cook the snake. in smaller snakes its fine tho, with lizards i dont know tho. i prefer ceramics and bulbs anyway as they are alot easier to regulate.

if its the same with lizard as snakes with reguards to pain receptors from what iv researched its to do with their slow metabolism. as everything runs on go slow so does there aknowldgement of some pain. they may acknowledge some pain but not realise why, hence they stay in the smae place and frazzle.