Audi Coupe 2.0e

sidrick

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Why would they?

Because the car is set up pointing at the alignment calibration thing and it only takes 30 seconds to wind the adjuster up/down/left/right a few degrees, it'd probably take more time to process the failure on the computer than it would just to rectify the aim

No. Why would they?

Because the car is set up pointing at the alignment calibration thing and it only takes 30 seconds to wind the adjuster up/down/left/right a few degrees, it'd probably take more time to process the failure on the computer than it would just to rectify the aim

I suppose if you knew the MOT tester then he might do it for you, but there's no way a tester would do that to a random customers car IMO.

Imagine it was a VOSA test vehicle and the guy alterted the car so it would pass an MOT without the customer's permission. He'd lose his licence.

Jus' saying, I've never been charged for headlight adjustment, or even contacted and asked if they can do it, they've just gone ahead and done it and given me the car back with the pass certificate (and on the odd occasion, the fail certificate and bill for new rear silencers etc, of which i've been asked permission to go ahead and replace, i think once they did mention headlights over the phone when telling me about another fail point, but headlights were always free to adjust, paid for bulbs like) And I've never been on first name terms with any of the places I've had MOTs done

Weird, having worked in various MOT centres for 6 years now, I've never once seen that done. Anything minor such as headlamp aim or no water in the washers always meant a phonecall to the owner.

I mean, they wouldn't fail it, but they'd call and say 'we need to do x,y,z or it won't pass'. I can't believe some places would just do it (I don't disbelieve you though).

Oddly, as I was waiting for my retest, a Micra failed it's test and they called the owner to saying it needed a wiper blade and headlight adjustment. Kwik Fit here charge £11 for the adjustment!!

• 1 month later...
why the want / need to have s2 front hubs? :)

Driveshafts arrived today but I've not unboxed them yet due to the CV grease mess that will be contained within.

7A shafts will allow for S2 hubs

S2 hubs will allow for 112x5 PCD wheels and brakes

112x5 PCD will allow for 312mm A6 brake disks and TT calipers.

Gonna be a lot of updates over the next month or so :D