scooby

YellowWheels

I'm toying with the idea of getting a subaru impreza as a bit of a play thing.

I've seen you can pick one of the earlier models up for under 2 grand and although most of them will be pretty hammered I'm sure there will be a few decent ones about.

I was just wondering if anyone on here has actually owned one, and would you recommend them?

i've seen a 51 plate bug eye model for 3 grand, if you've got that kind of money for a motor the easy part is buying the car, the harder bit is the running costs, parts, servicing, high insurance group etc. Make sure you're fully prepared

I like scoobys. I had a legacy for a while, cut the front end off it and did a swap for an impreza front end. Ended up putting 5 engines in it and got fed up with it. The engines don't stand a lot of abuse, i'll try and get a pic up but my connection sucks donkey dick so i won't promise anything.

get an import over the boring uk models, 280bhp standard.

It's not so much about getting any old import (jap wrx models aren't much different to uk ones), but the STI import (assuming the OP wants a classic) does have various advantages, however you'll want it remapped as soon as you get it as UK fuel isn't good enough.

The latest UK cars are nice (MY99) and are more suitable for UK roads.

Engines are like chocolate though.

Awesome motors, just ugly!

i had a 2003 WRX PPP and was great bit of kit! the service costs are no dearer than any other car to be honest, but the insurance is high on them, so be prepared for that,

and i found my wrx didnt fling me in my seat as much as my Focus RS did, but was still awesome to drive!

nice cars but be aware of the service schedule and the fact you have to run them on super unleaded.

plus insurance is very high on these compared to other cars in the same insurance groups...

basically, while it'll be reliable it'll still cost a lot!

super unleaded, i wouldnt use anything less than Optimax 99ron even super is rubbish