know any good hiding places for a man who made a mistake?

stevmo3691

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers sid. worth getting a VIC check?

No idea, I've no experience with this kind of thing. Those checks were the most recent of 36 checks in it's life....

I'd assume the people that sold it are very, very aware that it's a cat D. Personally, I'd seek advice from agencies in the know (probably citizens advice first so you can go back to the seller with some facts rather than internet advice...), not on EVO.

It might be worth mentioning to people that I can HPI check cars for the price of a pint via paypal ;)

dad spoke to the guy he bought it off today. he said his sisters had it since it was a year old and that its never been in an accident and they never had it HPI'd which thanks to sid we know to be a crock.

as my dads getting rid of the audi and my mum hates the pug and we have no legal comeback on the pug then my dad and brother will share it meaning my car will be the main family car and also one used for dump trips :(

now just to get a roof box for when mondeos not big enough as got bars for £14 :)

you do have a leg to stand on if you actually look up the law, iv had the same situatiuon myself with a cat c car, the law IS on your side should you be prepared to actually look it up.

yeah, but going through a legal claim will take time and money and my folks dont have the energy

you do have a leg to stand on if you actually look up the law, iv had the same situatiuon myself with a cat c car, the law IS on your side should you be prepared to actually look it up.

yeah, but going through a legal claim will take time and money and my folks dont have the energy

So your dad has been taken for 3k an your not gonna do anything about it? Have you had the mot proved as iffy? Have you had the repairs checked out?

I just can't understand why you wouldn't do anything if you have just been ripped off. Have you taken any pics yet?

So your dad has been taken for 3k an your not gonna do anything about it? Have you had the mot proved as iffy? Have you had the repairs checked out?

I just can't understand why you wouldn't do anything if you have just been ripped off. Have you taken any pics yet?

dad wont do anything, mum wont drive it and i'm not insured to take it anywhere and dont fancy killing my clutch towing it or buggering its auto box anymore.

I want to do stuff but dad doesnt seem to care. he plans to sell his audi anyway as he hates it so he'll have the pug and mum will get a focus as thats what she wanted more. as long as i go with her to view them (and drive her to them) and can change the front seats to better ones - she really dislikes focus front seats and we're after 2.0 auto ghia mk1.5

i will take pics when i'm not busy with the eleventy million other jobs i have to do

got couple in dark so you can see some bits - upload them tomorrow

//Ask forum for advice

//Receive advice

//Ignore advice

We all know how you would settle it...

http://www.buddycremeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/braveheart.jpg

But it's his dad's choice, doesnt really have much to do with him. I'd be damned sure to claw as much cash back as possible, though.

requires effort john :P

mum had to use it to collect brother from work as insurance has run out on the astra and she didnt have time to change back. only a mile and it lost drive twice. dad had to drive the audi with wet primer and tow it home