Who are best, RAC/AA etc. ?

LiamGTR

Basically I want cover so if some Fcuking annoying person slashes my tyres ( :vangry: ), I can get it picked up from my work at Northumbria Uni and drop me off at home.

Does job title/age/car matter?

Prices?

I will be taking the cover out TOMORROW.

I can "upgrade" my bank account and I get some sort of RAC cover with that but I can't imagine it would be worth anything.

Thanks for all the helpful replys. :cheers:

Theyre all more or less the same I think Liam. Im with RAC, been with them about 12 years. Banks often use green flag. Make sure you include the option for towing home accross the UK its exttra, as is home start (could be worth it if you need to get to work & need help).

I think I pay around £85 a year (small cost compared to tax,insurance really).

Job/car/age has no bearing on the cost & you usually have a 5 callout limit.

Edited by PeeWee

Theyre all more or less the same I think Liam. Im with RAC, been with them about 12 years. Banks often use green flag. Make sure you include the option for towing home accross the UK its exttra, as is home start (could be worth it if you need to get to work & need help).

I think I pay around £85 a year (small cost compared to tax,insurance really).

Job/car/age has no bearing on the cost & you usually have a 5 callout limit.

£85 a year? rubbish, really, that is CLASS! I was budgeting around £30/month :pancake:

I will probably end up with RAC or AA tomorrow simply because they are popular. i'll give them both a ring and see what they say.

Thanks bud

http://www.rac.co.uk/uk-breakdown/

Get your quote now. Discounts on RAC joining atm about £70 for yours I think Liam without home start but with roadside assistance & recovery home anywhere in the uk.

Scrap that, get the personal cover for £80 & include home start, its on special offer atm,bargain.

Edited by PeeWee

Noooo don't say that, I was set on getting the RAC in about half an hour!

I had to phone out the rac the other day there said they'd be two hours on the phone. The patrol man phoned me up 20 mins later saying he was on his way :cheers:

I got put on a family membership, works out nice and cheap as my mum had to pay for rac anyway :pancake:

With RAC you are covered in any car also. I have had them out twice and cant fault them to be honest.

Nov 2009 I paid £56 which is half of a joint membership fee, I dont think it included the home start but I was living away in student housing anyway.

I just rang RAC to find out how much my renewal would be and for joint membership this year its gone up to £147 (lowest they would go would be £127) after only paying £112 last year!!

Single would be £93.

Seems the prices have gone up.

The RAC are just a bunch if sales men! I once had to call them out (I get RAC cover with my bank) to jump start me, took him 5 minutes to start me up...then a further hour to try and sell me a better membership and a new battery.

the AA, I get free included in my yearly service, they're good, actually, I can't really fault them, always quick, friendly and 9 times out of ten they repair the car but due to a fall out with them in the past, I would never pay to be a member with them.

Now, green flag, even though I have the other two for free, I pay for green flag, the main reason is, it's cheaper to have a full package with them than it is to upgrade any of my existing RAC or AA memberships.

The customer support is spot on, they're really quick and they don't employ any of there own mechanics/drivers, it's all done by local independent garages that are always trying to impress, they also have a three strike and out policy, so if a garage had three complaints then green flag would remove them from they're list.

I once broke Down in Devon, the garage got me a free hire car with a full tank of petrol, bought me an in car charger as my battery was dead and delivered my car to a local garage 2 days later.

Now that's service!

Ive had the RAC help me out about 3 or 4 times, I've been with them since before i had my full license. I cant fault them.

These days i dont have the "homestart" subscription since i live so close to work, if it fails to start and i need to get to work ill cycle, then ill tow it to the local garage. Thats if i cant start it myself by hitting the starter motor etc (however with this new car its probably gonna be something more sinister if it fais to start, something i reckon even the RAC will struggle with)

Edited by Craig855S