Engine Noise OOOH NO

Jordan99940

hey guys woke up today and my engine is making a nasty noise (needless to say i still drove it)

i think it could be the main Bearing or big end bearing BAD TIMES

the noise is like a nasty rattle/knocking

what would be cheapest getting a new engine i.e. 2.0 or getting the bearing replaced whats more time consuming and whats harder to the average mechanic?

thanks for your time

Jordan

Edited by Jordan99940

All big end issues Ive came across have allways been a gradual issue, in other words you notice the knocking getting worse over time not as you describe "I got up and it was banging away" (yes I did word that in a sexual manner cos I was bored), the only exception to that rule was when a new set of crank bearings hadnt been slotted correctly into the location notch on a toyota avensis and had literally fired itself out of the rod and into the sump after less than 50miles (but I stress that was a very unusual occurance).

Unless youve been noticing even the slightest knock beforehand I wouldnt suspect the bigend, but then it could be anything from slipped cam belt to piston rings tho so your best bet is handing it over to a pro rather than digging around like a ethiopian after a twiglet.

college lecturer had a quick lesson yesterday he said its going to shiit its self soon so might as well boot it down the local A road until you hear a Bang i described the noise to my other teacher and he said sounds like your big end bearing has given up. its weird ive always head oil in the engine though random how its just come about

college lecturer had a quick lesson yesterday he said its going to shiit its self soon so might as well boot it down the local A road until you hear a Bang i described the noise to my other teacher and he said sounds like your big end bearing has given up. its weird ive always head oil in the engine though random how its just come about

That pure sucks dude well i hope you get it all sorted soon, otherwise i will just take your rep when on the streets lmao