changing door

Hello_Dave

got a big dent in driver side door and can pick a drivers side door up cheap in same colour rather than taking it to a bodyshop but how easy is it to take the original door off and put a replacement on, do the locks need changing over etc etc?

Quite straight forward as far as i know with the door itself they pretty much clip off it's that easy and the locks will just need swapping over everything else like electric windows and speaker etc will work straight away obv if it comes with them of course.

got a big dent in driver side door and can pick a drivers side door up cheap in same colour rather than taking it to a bodyshop but how easy is it to take the original door off and put a replacement on, do the locks need changing over etc etc?

Quite straight forward as far as i know with the door itself they pretty much clip off it's that easy and the locks will just need swapping over everything else like electric windows and speaker etc will work straight away obv if it comes with them of course.

how do you plug in the new locks in the new door is there just something you disconnect from the existing door and put in new door?

how do you plug in the new locks in the new door is there just something you disconnect from the existing door and put in new door?

I can just remember taking my door off didn't look that much into the locks but i think if you just take the hub where the lock is off and just put it onto the new door everything else should just work fine it's only a small device i could be wrong but it's worth a shot. Somebody else on here should be able to give a better explanation but pretty straight forward job last time i heard. just try to get a door with everything intact then less work for you to do. :D

Hi yes these are easy to change firstly if u look at door hinges u will see wat looks like a grub screw with a torx head if u undo check strap first then remove door pad and wiring undo grub screws and lift door up it will come off.. Doors locks are straight forward u will need to put lock in from damaged door as this is the one key fits disconnect wiring plug from central locking and remove locking rod and put back as u took it apart if all other ancillaries are in door ie window motor speaker leave them in and just plug wiring back into it you can't get wiring wrong just make sure it's clipped into position it's meant to be and clear of all moving parts hope this has been of help any mote questions please ask......