Recommend me a TV please.

LiamGTR

The TV MUST:

• Be 32", maybe 36" but not much bigger unless it's an absolute bargain. No smaller.
  • Have ATLEAST 2+ years warranty
  • Be Full 1080p
  • Have 2/3 HDMI ports
  • Have YPbPr for my Xbox
  • Look nice/stylish
  • Be a good/well known make (Sick of buying cheap rubbish that breaks! (:vangry:))
  • Be cool as phuk 8)
  • Under £500 (ideally as cheap as pos' but still all be the above)

If it make a difference, I will be using the TV for mostly Xbox and just watching TV (Virgin Media)

Help :cheers:

You can have my 32" LG 1080p TV for £200 if you meet me half way. Brand new this Jan, but I want a bigger one. Not a mark on it.

Otherwise, amazon and comet(odly enough) are doing amazing deals just now on top-spec LGs and mid-spec Samsungs.

Balls to that, John Lewis do price matching and give a free 5 year guarantee on all TVs

Got me a 32" samsung for £329 just before last christmas.

You can have my 32" LG 1080p TV for £200 if you meet me half way. Brand new this Jan, but I want a bigger one. Not a mark on it.

Otherwise, amazon and comet(odly enough) are doing amazing deals just now on top-spec LGs and mid-spec Samsungs.

Balls to that, John Lewis do price matching and give a free 5 year guarantee on all TVs

John Lewis don't price match online prices.

I'm always down the MetroCentre so may aswell pop into John Lewis and I there is a huge Comet/PC World there with loads of TV's... I never thought they'd be good so didn't even look but i'll take notice next time

:cheers:

True, John Lewis won't price match online, but then you don't get free 5 year warranties online.

Example, Samsung LE32C580

Amazon £368.50 - no mention of any extra warranty, so have to assume standard manufacturers warranty of 12 months

Comet £429 + £130 for 3 year warranty

John Lewis £429 inc 5 year guarantee.

As far as Im concerned, with LCD TVs that 5 year warranty is worth its weight in gold, plus buying it from John Lewis I can go and get it when I want rather than waiting in all day for a delivery man.

True, John Lewis won't price match online, but then you don't get free 5 year warranties online.

Example, Samsung LE32C580

Amazon £368.50 - no mention of any extra warranty, so have to assume standard manufacturers warranty of 12 months

Comet £429 + £130 for 3 year warranty

John Lewis £429 inc 5 year guarantee.

As far as Im concerned, with LCD TVs that 5 year warranty is worth its weight in gold, plus buying it from John Lewis I can go and get it when I want rather than waiting in all day for a delivery man.

I agree that the warranty is excellent from John Lewis, however, a lot of people won't plan on keeping a TV 5 years in this age of disposible technology. If you buy an LCD now you'll likely be upgrading to an LED or some sort of 3D malarky in a couple of years.

Also, having worked at John Lewis, it's unlikely you'll get a big TV in store and be able to walk away with it the same day.

I agree that the warranty is excellent from John Lewis, however, a lot of people won't plan on keeping a TV 5 years in this age of disposible technology. If you buy an LCD now you'll likely be upgrading to an LED or some sort of 3D malarky in a couple of years.

Also, having worked at John Lewis, it's unlikely you'll get a big TV in store and be able to walk away with it the same day.

Perhaps, however I plan on keeping mine until it breaks, and the original poster's intentions are at the minute only known to the original poster. But I imagine he'll be planning on keeping it longer than 12 months, so either way the extended warranty will come in use.

And as for the latter point, its exactly what I did.

Seriously consider an lg. i have a 50" lg plasma, fantastic for blurays, a 37" lg lcd for my xbox and general tv and 22" samsung for the pc and the lg is easily as good as the samsung if not better. Oh by the way if your using the xbox stick with lcd. I find my lcd is much better for games than the plasma but for TV theres not much difference.