Kenya

stuey650

So getting married next year and need to get something booked for the honeymoon. We like the idea of a safari and quite fancy kenya, question is how long do you need on a safari, there's packages avilable with 1 day safari 13 night hotel, 2 night safari, 12 nights hotel etc etc. Has anybody been and if so how long did you spend on the actual safari part and was that to long or to short or what would you recommend?

So getting married next year and need to get something booked for the honeymoon. We like the idea of a safari and quite fancy kenya, question is how long do you need on a safari, there's packages avilable with 1 day safari 13 night hotel, 2 night safari, 12 nights hotel etc etc. Has anybody been and if so how long did you spend on the actual safari part and was that to long or to short or what would you recommend?

went there many years ago while i was in the navy, got some leave and a land rover 3 of us did our own thing, went to tsavo east and west, game reserves

(not sure i spelt tsavo right) did three days and two nights using the lodges they have in the parks, a great experiance that i will never forget, imo, three days is long enough if you dont mind non stop, for a more relaxing time book one of the many lodges, and use thier trips, if i remember rightly they do something like start at one lodge, then day safari, stop at another lodge ect ect, go to a travel agent see what they can offer you and then google and do it yourself, prob a lot cheaper, hope that helps you some, believe me a once in a life time experiance, as long as you dont mind the insects, we did not have any trouble, but you know what women are like :roll: :thumb:

went there many years ago while i was in the navy, got some leave and a land rover 3 of us did our own thing, went to tsavo east and west, game reserves

(not sure i spelt tsavo right) did three days and two nights using the lodges they have in the parks, a great experiance that i will never forget, imo, three days is long enough if you dont mind non stop, for a more relaxing time book one of the many lodges, and use thier trips, if i remember rightly they do something like start at one lodge, then day safari, stop at another lodge ect ect, go to a travel agent see what they can offer you and then google and do it yourself, prob a lot cheaper, hope that helps you some, believe me a once in a life time experiance, as long as you dont mind the insects, we did not have any trouble, but you know what women are like :roll: :thumb:

Cheers for the sensible reply! Much appreciated, it was 3 days I was thinking but last thing I want to do is spend all that money and then feel that we should have made the safari part, the whole point in going there slightly longer. I am going to see a couple of travel agents on saturday hopefully so will see what they have to offer.