Touch up experts need some advice

killalot

I've touched up my bumper with rattle cans,left it for 48hrs and put some Clear Lacquer on problem is it looks blotchy in certain places I know it has to be cut in with some G3 rubbing compound says on the Clear Lacquer can have to wait 2 weeks also its brighter on some parts,when i use the G3 will that get rid of the blotchy parts etc.Thanks for any advice.

I've touched up my bumper with rattle cans,left it for 48hrs and put some Clear Lacquer on problem is it looks blotchy in certain places I know it has to be cut in with some G3 rubbing compound says on the Clear Lacquer can have to wait 2 weeks also its brighter on some parts,when i use the G3 will that get rid of the blotchy parts etc.Thanks for any advice.

Hi could be a couple of things and laquer should be applied once bass colour is dry..

Blotchy could be base coluor not sittin even needs a drop coat meaning a light even coat applied last..

Clear laquer was applied when it was damp or raining this will cause laquer to have a White effect to it technically called blooming as rattle can are single pack clear

Laquer could be dry in places making it appear less glossy..

I'd recommend usin a good quality aerosol laquer which I have a fan to the spray pattern not a jet a decent paint supplier will understand what your asking for...

Try using g3 to polish an area and see how it looks if not I'd re do it,hope this has helped you if you have any more questions please just ask....

I applied the lacquer when the base coat dried,was about 2 days after i put the base coat on.I've flat sanded the affect area down going to respray the part that went tits up at the weekend.Is it save to wash the car wile I'm waiting for the for the base coat to go off says 2 weeks before you G3 it.

Hi yes it should be safe to wash car if ur worried just cover the painted area,personally I've never left it two weeks to polish it instead of g3 you could try usin g10 instead which is a finer compound or farecla do a fine compound for smart repairs which is quite good aswell If you need any more help please just ask.....