Which Car next?

RobMk6

Subarus dont have chocolate pistons.. no more than any other car that gets poorly tuned and melts :)

For 10k though... Focus ST is nice, but greedy on fuel.. evo is probably better.

I may be wrong but didnt you say:

quote:.....

The latest UK cars are nice (MY99) and are more suitable for UK roads.

Engines are like chocolate though.

I think the reason the subaru got the reputation it did is because a lot of people bought them and tuned them on the cheap (by just fitting bleed valves to up the boost and not actually remapping it properly, along with other ways of increasing boost/airflow and not increasing fuel)

Doesnt happen with other cars AS often because other car owners tune properly, for the most part

Edited by Craig855S

I'm with Craig on that one! I have a friend with a 330bhp classic and it's never skipped a beat. He puts it down to good parts, good servicing and maintenance and good car!

How much can you get a 1.9 diesel Leon for? Nice lookin cars with good mpg and from what I've read on the holy bible internet stonkinly quick after a remap!

Difficult to answer really, depends what you want from it, and how many miles you do.

If all you want is speed, then an Evo is probably the best thing to go for, as it's the quickest road car going IMO. Surely you'd get a reasonable 'hawk-eye' Impreza for £10k these days too? They're pretty decent. Not quite so good as the Evo, but have slightly better service intervals and things.

Obviously if you want a bit newer, then an ST is a good bet, I'd much rather have one of them over a GTI/Type R/VXR etc etc. MK1 Focus RS is a good car, but I'm not sure I'd have one as a daily, I think the ST is a bit more docile myself.

No,

Just dont see the point so far in advance when car valueations can change so much, not to mention insurance and personal circumstances. :)

not "looking" atm Ian jus after ideas as to what to look for as my mind always seems to head to the same breeds, then decides it cant think of any other ideas, so this is inspiration and reviews more than anything :)

economy not so fussed with as i wont be based a million miles from home and the missus will have a small car anyhow so can use that if push come to shove on economy etc.

thinking an evo could be a good choice atm.

Also not really a fan of the Vulva or maserati if im honest.