Go tech ECU

waynegc123

Hi guys, okey what I'm looking to do is to fit a stand alone management but still keep my standard one for the power steering switch and the immobilizer etc and let the stand alone take over the EFI.

everything seems fine if I check the diagrams except one thing. The ECU uses the cam and crank sensor for the ignition iirc, the stand alone that I want to fit only uses the crank sensor(36-1 wasted spark) as the TDC this bothers me that the SAM only uses the crank ? or can the Stand alone work like that ? and another thing it doesn't use is the MAF, but it has an air temp sensor is this then basically a MAF ?

This is my first time I'm doing something like this so any help will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!

The power steering switch is there to let the ECU know when the engine is going to be under a moment of high load (eg turning the steering wheel all the way). Leaving the original ECU in for this will do nothing as it's used by the idle control strategy. Fair enough on the PATS stuff, seems a bit pointless to me as it'll only be isolating the fuel pump which is easily bypassed. I'd personally take the OEM ecu out.

If the ECU you are looking at only uses a crank trigger, then it cannot do sequential fuelling, which is okay.

A MAF sensor is used to measure load on an engine, you can also measure load with the throttle position sensor or a map sensor. I would suspect Gotech to be using the TPS if no MAF or MAP is specified. This is fairly typical for n/a aftermarket ecu's.

As much fun as engine tuning can be, do you have an actual need for an aftermarket ecu?...

The power steering switch is there to let the ECU know when the engine is going to be under a moment of high load (eg turning the steering wheel all the way). Leaving the original ECU in for this will do nothing as it's used by the idle control strategy. Fair enough on the PATS stuff, seems a bit pointless to me as it'll only be isolating the fuel pump which is easily bypassed. I'd personally take the OEM ecu out.

If the ECU you are looking at only uses a crank trigger, then it cannot do sequential fuelling, which is okay.

A MAF sensor is used to measure load on an engine, you can also measure load with the throttle position sensor or a map sensor. I would suspect Gotech to be using the TPS if no MAF or MAP is specified. This is fairly typical for n/a aftermarket ecu's.

As much fun as engine tuning can be, do you have an actual need for an aftermarket ecu?...

That makes things more clearly! thanks.

Think I'll follow the route to take the OEM out.

Yes it uses the TPS, the reason I'm going stand alone is because I'm still using the 1.6 ECU and I'm going the to turbo early next year, and Gotech does support on a turbo.

The car runs great on the 1.6 ECU but is only a bit heavy on fuel, and I can't get a 2nd hand mondeo ECU, only new ones and a new one here is more expensive than a stand alone system, and it would be a waste of money to get a mondy one and then when going to turbo spending more money on a after market ECU.

Thanks for the help.