Meeting an Icon soon

Simon69

Im off to meet an Icon of World Boxing the weekend and as a big fan of the sport im really looking forward to meeting Tommy The Hitman Hearns, i missed out on meeting Sugar Ray leonard Last Year so to me this is the next best thing regarding greats of the Welter Middle wieght Divisions.

A couple of years ago i Met Smokin Joe Frasier and the Bronx Bull Jake Lamotta, i think meeting Ali is now sadly a no goer for me so my Long term plan is to hopefully meet Iron Mike Tyson, followed by Sugar Ray and Marvellous Marvin Hagler then im done and will be very very Happy

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/458/hearns.jpg

thats amazing, proper suprised you get to meet him......

...and he is?

(for those of us who find boxing the sport of primates)

...and he is?

Tommy Hearns has been 4 time World Champion at a Number of Different fighting Weights, He had many Epic battles in the 80s with the Likes of Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Roberto Duran, and for want of a better chin would have won many more Titles.

That particular era of boxing is regarded as one of if not the best.

The Nicest Bloke i met was Joe Frasier famous for his Thrilla in Manilla with Muhammed Ali, a top top bloke, not bitter at all with the treatment he recieved

On the Subject of Mike Tyson ive heard about these Dinner Venues and heard he has habit of leaving before the end of the night and charging extortinate prices for his Picture, Good luck though i hope you have a great time.

Edited by Simon69

...and he is?

Tommy Hearns has been 4 time World Champion at a Number of Different fighting Weights, He had many Epic battles in the 80s with the Likes of Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Roberto Duran, and for want of a better chin would have won many more Titles.

That particular era of boxing is regarded as one of if not the best.

The Nicest Bloke i met was Joe Frasier famous for his Thrilla in Manilla with Muhammed Ali, a top top bloke, not bitter at all with the treatment he recieved

On the Subject of Mike Tyson ive heard about these Dinner Venues and heard he has habit of leaving before the end of the night and charging extortinate prices for his Picture, Good luck though i hope you have a great time.

Joe Frasier comes across as a top man in interviews and documentaries.

Edited by sidrick

Nice one :D

I'm meeting Mike Tyson next month (seriously). http://www.worldcelebrityboxing.com/

are you guarenteed to meet him ?...or have you just bought a ticket to 'an audience with' i've known friends that have been to events like this and the celeb tends to bugger off before meeting everyone

I'm meeting Mike Tyson next month (seriously). http://www.worldcelebrityboxing.com/

are you guarenteed to meet him ?...or have you just bought a ticket to 'an audience with' i've known friends that have been to events like this and the celeb tends to bugger off before meeting everyone

I'm speaking to a few mates that have been to similar events, and some stars were happy to pose for free photos, shake hands and what not, and some have been utter cnuts about it. I fear Tyson might be the latter.

I haven't bought my ticket yet (my friend has 2 spare and I said I'd probably take one), so might wait until the last minute after his 1st Glasgow night, and ask folk that went to it how things were.

I'm speaking to a few mates that have been to similar events, and some stars were happy to pose for free photos, shake hands and what not, and some have been utter cnuts about it. I fear Tyson might be the latter.

I haven't bought my ticket yet (my friend has 2 spare and I said I'd probably take one), so might wait until the last minute after his 1st Glasgow night, and ask folk that went to it how things were.

A friend of mine went to something similar in Liverpool, although he got an autograhp of Mike Tyson he wasnt allowed a Picture, i think it all depends on how he is feeling and what state of mind he is in at the time