How much do you have to earn to live comfortably

LiamGTR

Definitely think I under estimated...

Maybe not.. definitely depends on how 'broad' of a term "comfortable" means to someone.

To me, comfortable = a modest home, a car, bills paid, a few nights out per month, enough money for clothes, savings and at least 1 holiday/overseas trip a year. That will be excessive for some, and not enough for others.

I would agree with that, but I couldn't have had all that when I first bought a house. First few years I was flat broke after paying the bills at the end of each month and just going to the pub once a week. Holidays came later... much later.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eerrmm...WHAT?!!!

That experience will do you a load of good X(

How much experience do you have? I'd ask your boss for a reference saying you've been with them 2 years. 2 years actual PT experience will not make you a better PTI than someone who just "likes sports"

Eerrmm...WHAT?!!!

That experience will do you a load of good X(

How much experience do you have? I'd ask your boss for a reference saying you've been with them 2 years. 2 years actual PT experience will not make you a better PTI than someone who just "likes sports"

I've had about 3/4 years unofficial boxing coaching and just starting my 1st 'real' PT job at Northumbria Uni - Getting the experience

An exact money figure is impossible to come up with. It will widly differ depending on various things like your living arrangements if you pay private rent, council rent, mortgage. Wether you have 1 or 2 cars and what they cost to insure, tax n fuel for the year. Wether you have 1,2 or 3 kids or 4+ or none etc. Also your debt level will come into play and determine what money u have left each month. Someone could be comfy on 20k whilst others struggle on 30k. Too many variables.

Depends on where you live. ooop north im sure you could probaby get by on a paper round and a giro. Down here assuming you're not taking any benifits or tax credits you'll probably need about 60k (before tax) total house hold income thats assuming your paying a mortgage on your 3bed with garage (based on house value 300k, 1500 morgage per month).

We rent a 2bed house with garage on a household income of ~50k. We get by "okay", im mean we dont really watch what we spend when we go food shopping, and can afford to go out for a meal once a week (and im still paying off some 400 a month in loans from my expensive youth). Introduce a second car, dog, 2.1 children and mortgage (instead of rent) and i bet your gonna need at least another 20k.

But like i say, thats london prices ;)

<edit>We rent [privately] a 2bed house with... </edit>