HPI Check

Martin

Anyone recommend a good site for HPI checks? I'm thinking about getting an R reg discovery and just want to check it's all legit (only 39k miles)

Speak to sidrick, if I remember correctly he can do HPI checks for "the price of a beer over pay pal" :)

Just did one off those text checks and it's a cat c write off. Is it illegal to advertise a car and not inform people it's cat c?

The seller should be informing the buyer if it has any history as the value of the car is something like 20% less book price on a cat D and 40% less on a cat C, the trouble is if its a private sale the buyer doesn't stand a chance as at the moment it really is upto to the buyer to check it. In a private sale the seller can just act dumb and pretend they never knew. Traders should be carrying out the checks as part of the service, they get round it though on the P/X deals they offer, sold as seen without warranty etc.

There was a report on the news this morning claiming that nearly half of all second hand cars have some kind of hidden history. The scrappage scheme has swallowed up many a good car from decent people that would have looked after them. All thats left now is a load of rubbish

The guy made out he had no idea but when I looked through his feedback it was clear he buys bits to fix damage repairables!

If he buys bits to fix cars then personally I wouldn't touch it or get some one to go with you who repairs cars and look at it with you it could look great in pictures but a pile of shyte when you c it for real,R reg 39k sounds doubtful could of been clocked

If its a cat C hell know as it'll state it in the notes section of the log book.

Could have been a cat C for anything though, if it was recently damaged it could even be a C for something like someone putting paint remover all over as theyll offset the cost of the prep, paint, rental car etc against that of the value of the car to be repaired. You'll find most older cars will be down as cat C's now due to the value.

For example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2000-NISSAN-MICRA-SE...=item45f6314f4d

Many cars will have had much worse, its down to weather its had a claim through insurance or not.

Theres nothing wrong with repaired cars, though i would be careful with that one if hes repaired it and claiming he doesnt know about any damage.

I've bought Damaged cars for myself, repaired to as new standard, and had no problem selling them with photo evidence of the damage. The key is being open with buyers.

If hes a dealer then i believe he needs to tell you about it.

I'm 100% with you guys! If he'd been honest with me from the start I'd prob still be goin to pick it up on Tues. The fact that he's makin out he doesn't know anything and claims he can't remember seeing anything on the docs!

If he'd said from the start "My name's Paul. I fix cars for a living. This disco had a bit of a problem when it came to me. These are the before pics and these are the afters!" I wouldn't be bothered. It's the fact he's been a sneaky turd that's annoying me!

I'm 100% with you guys! If he'd been honest with me from the start I'd prob still be goin to pick it up on Tues. The fact that he's makin out he doesn't know anything and claims he can't remember seeing anything on the docs!

If he'd said from the start "My name's Paul. I fix cars for a living. This disco had a bit of a problem when it came to me. These are the before pics and these are the afters!" I wouldn't be bothered. It's the fact he's been a sneaky turd that's annoying me!