important question for all members/users

shawdreamer

I sister-in-law suffered a rear end hit by a boy nobba in a Audi A3 in Speke earlier.

she said he hadnt even bothered braking on approach to traffic lights and mashed into the back of her Fester S with her and her daughter in it (the audi driver had a female and two kids with him)

She noticed how nervous he seemed but put it down to accident fright like her but when she tried to exchange details all he'd tell her was his name was Martin and offered some proper obviously cack postcode before beating a hasty retreat from the scene leaving the sister-in-law stranded and helpless.

several witnesses (including the driver of the car infront of hers that her car was shunted into) offered themselves as witnesses to his obvious fault and it was at that point he scoody'ed rapidly BUT not before several of the witnesses got his license plate details.

Sister-in-law got AA'd back to hers and her insurance has told her its a write off (she told me the shell was bent enough that the passenger door no longer lines up properly and wont open more than a foot)

The Insurance also told her that the offending vehicle is not insured, or atleast they havnt any record of the driver.

However, once she started the ball rolling with the insurance roughly half an hour ago the nobba rang her mobile and started f'in and blind'in about her going to her insurance with his plate details, when to her credit she gave him a mouthful back and demanded his insurance details before she also called the local rozzers aswell he stated clearly that he didnt have insurance and I qoute "Call the police, do you know how easy it would be for me to get your address, I only live 15 minutes from Runcorn" and then put the phone down.

She called me straight away and Im going around to hers in a bit if for no other reason than to give her some personal reassurance till her bloke comes in later..... but.....

1. I hate no insurance nobba's

2. I hate no insurance BOY nobba's in cars they cant handle

3. I hate no insurance boy nobba's in cars they cant handle who threaten women half their size.

4. I hate no insurance boy nobba's in cars they cant handle who threaten women half their size saying they'll attack them in their family homr

Incase your not seeing the pattern here.... I want this little fucknut coward in a big way.

Is there anyway ATALL for me to track him down with his plate details alone?

I believe you can go to DVLA and request the registered address to persue legal proceedings against the owner, it costs you £7 iirc.

Car park management companies do this to issue parking penalties...

...maybe possible with a bit of a blag

...may be enough to tie you to a beaten up nobba

I know how you feel though mate

Get your sister in law to contact the police ASAP. make sure she tells them about the abuse she has suffered

Uninsured drivers are a pet hate of mine, I loved seizing cars off them :innocent:

Rozzers are involved, his threats cant be proven tho.

its not his wheels which I want to seize hold of.....though they will be round........ maybe not afterwards.

I can understand anyones reluctance to help if it might be slightly "illegal"

so.....

If someone was to say "accidently" let slip how I could find out "accidently" in a PM Id be "accidently" very thankful.

Edited by shawdreamer

Don't know if you can find out legally but I'm sure there's Way like any thing there's always a way round it just knowing the right people....

Too right I'd wana rip his head off make him pay can't stand uninsured driver s if it happened to me and my family were in the car and was there fault they better hope they can run faster than me coz I won't be held responsible for my actions towards them

Hope you find him mate

If you contact dvla and tell them you are starting civil proceedings they will give you the address.

Also if you want to pm me the reg I know a few people in Speke who might just happen to see the car outside a house or garage. I know it's a long shot but it could turn something up.

If you contact dvla and tell them you are starting civil proceedings they will give you the address.

Also if you want to pm me the reg I know a few people in Speke who might just happen to see the car outside a house or garage. I know it's a long shot but it could turn something up.

I can't believe an organisation such as the DVLA would randomly give out a persons address simply because you ask for it somehow. ;)

I can't believe an organisation such as the DVLA would randomly give out a persons address simply because you ask for it somehow. ;)

Well by using form v888 and paying £2.50 a member of the public can get the address if they have a good enough reason.

Well by using form v888 and paying £2.50 a member of the public can get the address if they have a good enough reason.

Sounds a little bizzare that they would give addresses out so easily tbh, that makes all our personal details available for a mere £2.50 and a form, something called data protection prevents this type of behaviour.

From the DVLA:

"Overview

If you want to find out information about a vehicle and its owner, you can apply to request this information from the DVLA. However, information will only be released if you are entitled to receive it, for example if you can show 'reasonable cause' to require it."

I'm sure dreamer wanting to give the guy a slap doesn't warant "reasonable cause" nor will he be "entitled to receive it" as the police are involved, it's their job to get all this info.

See this note:

"

It is a criminal offence under Section 55 of the Data

Protection Act 1998 to unlawfully procure or sell

personal information. The maximum penalty is

a fine not exceeding £5000."

Edited by PeeWee

I imagine the police should be tracing the driver.

It is a criminal offence to fail to give details following an accident and a serious one at that it carries up to 6 months in jail (sect 170 rta 1988)

It is also a criminal offence for the registered keeper to fail to provide the details of the person driving (sect 172 rta 1988) although sadly not imprisonable

I would expect the police to be taking steps to resolve this it involves criminality and you should not need to be doing their job for them

al