Wall mounted TV cables?

DeeJay

I've surface mounted some conduit to get the leads up to my projector. Id recomend that along with the painting of the conduit.. If you own the home and always plan on having the TV on that wall then you could put them behind the wall and use a breakout box by you sky/virgin/whatever to get the cables into the wall.

Cheers for the replys i think im going to to build a fake chimney breast, made from timber and plasterboard, not far out from the wall but with enough room to put cables down, this way i will still be able to access the cables if ever i need to replace or add more. ill let you know how it goes. :cheers:

I have a false wall its mounted on, built in a recess with 2x2 battons, faced with MDF.

Theres a supportless shelf at the top which DVDs etc can sit on, and the centre speaker. This meant the false bit didnt have to dgo to the celing, and gives the illusion that its just the wall.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/sortedford/tv.jpg

Ignor the Xbox cables that you can see, that isnt normally its home :pancake:

B&Q sell a conduit thats about 2"-3" wide thats paintable for around £15 for 3 metres i'll try and upload a picture later on , fitted all this in from my set up .... 3x coax cables , 2 sky cables , 2 power leads , VGA cable , audio lead and 7x speaker cables ...with room to spare