Iphone Iphone 3g or Iphone 3gs

cossy

Im after getting an iphone only looking at 2nd hand ones as iv never owned one which one would be a good starter just to see if i like it i can upgrade in 3 months but dont want to upgrade to th Iphone and not like it and be stuck with it for 18/24 months. My current phone is an andriod phone and i love it but someone said the iphone is a bit better ideas please like i said not bothered which one as its only going to be to see if i like it, I wont be using the camera on the phone so video/pic quality wont be an issue

well i have an iphone 3G and have loved it for almost a year... but the wife upgraded her phone not so long ago...'she aint got a clue tech wise btw' to a motorola dext ...i've been mucking about with it and i have to say i'm quite impressed with the way android apps etc work ...may have to look at what androids are out there

The iphone 3gs should do you just fine. Its a matter of preference & you will get countless replies to stick with Android. I have the iphone4 (previously had the iphone2g) and loved them both having tried various phones.

Im by no way a fan of Apple (can't stand them if I'm honest) but the iphone is an incredible bit of kit.

I had the HTC wildfire "250 phone got rid for a nokia regretted it and bought the LG optimus for £100 and its by far a better phone than the HTC wildfire videos play faultless no jerks no nothing and the HTC struggled with them, Iphone 2g £150 3g £220 3gs £299 all prices what i have been quoted from a local phone shop for a pre-owned

iphone is poo :( go for a desire or wait for the desireHD to come out ;)

iphones are for people who are more concerned in saying 'look guys at my iphone!'

the only... and i mean the only thing i can give to the iphone over the htc is that with my chubby fingers i find the touchscreen marginally easier than the htc

Edited by scottg17

iphones are for people who are more concerned in saying 'look guys at my iphone!'

the only... and i mean the only thing i can give to the iphone over the htc is that with my chubby fingers i find the touchscreen marginally easier than the htc

The great thing about the iphone is the fact you don't need to justify it, it speaks for itself & "iphone owners" do not feel the need to slag of other phones as they're already content after owning one for a short time. It's also funny that those without one seem to be the ones that elavate it into some kind of symbol status when those that own one are just happy with what it is. :mellow:

Just to add. I notice how so many new phones now resemble the iphone style,layout and apps trying to steal its crown, maybe apple got it right judging by all the wannabe's flooding the market?

Edited by PeeWee

The great thing about the iphone is the fact you don't need to justify it, it speaks for itself & "iphone owners" do not feel the need to slag of other phones as they're already content after owning one for a short time. It's also funny that those without one seem to be the ones that elavate it into some kind of symbol status when those that own one are just happy with what it is. :mellow:

Just to add. I notice how so many new phones now resemble the iphone style,layout and apps trying to steal its crown, maybe apple got it right judging by all the wannabe's flooding the market?

well said :thumb:

Edited by duffa

I'd wanted an iPhone for ages but thought the same didn't want to be tied to a contract as I'm on Pay as you go, so eventually I saved up and bought a 3GS off eBay for £190 put my 02 payg sim in set up all my itune software update and away I went it does everything that a contract iPhone does so you wouldn't know the difference it's a great phone I'd highly recommend the iPhone.....

Couldn't agree more.

To answer the OP, I have friends who are avid Windows Mobile / Android users, and have not adjusted to the iPhone that well. Likewise, I tried going to Android from Apple and just didn't like it. Tbh, you're probably being quite sensible in giving it a whirl with a secondhand one instead of jumping straight into a 24 month contract.

You'll be (probably) just as happy with a 3G as you are with a 3GS. I think the processing speed of the 3GS is slightly better, and is considerably better with the iPhone 4. In any event, the 3G (as a minimum) is a great piece of kit like PeeWee says. I think if you give it a chance, you'll be happy :cheers:

Lol, i suppose i can say ive been owned :roll:

I suppose its just down to taste really :D The world would be a boring place if we all wanted and liked the same things :D

iPhones will always be the market leaders for the pure fact that there is sooo much out there for them, theyre easily hacked and jailbroken, you can even run android firmware on them!

The App market for them is endless, every big company or store or even bank have some kind of assosiation with apple and theyre Apps. It's so convenient.

Theyre a hell of a machine and to be fair considering they havn't changed the design or features much they still stand out from the crowd, I've owned one ever since they came out & am always buying, repairing, selling them etc.

Highly recommended and so easy to use. They just do what you want, when you want and how you want.

i've been hanging my nose of an iphone now for some while. and it wasn't untill about 2 days ago when i came across the samsung galaxy s. which is now to be my new phone. between that and the iphone4. there isn't much in it at all.

even with the possiblity of getting iphones cheap, new. decided i'm gonna give it a pass this time round. although my wife is still content with having one next month.

I was looking at the Galaxy s earlier and the bloke in the phone shop said as iv already got a andriod phone and never owned a iphone i would prob be best sticking to the andriod because of the difference ion the app market and the way the phone works, the bloke owned the iphone 4 but said they are similar phones the galaxy can play divx and the iphone cant now i watch a lot of videos on my phone so now im more tempted to get the galaxy s