Door looms

16Vrhys

how do you unclip the door looms from in side the door shuts out of the panel , twist out to get the two apart , but how do you pop out the part on the car chassis by wing ?

whats best routing for speaker wires , i manged to run them though the plastic shelding , apart from at the end of the multiplug.

how do you unclip the door looms from in side the door shuts out of the panel , twist out to get the two apart , but how do you pop out the part on the car chassis by wing ?

whats best routing for speaker wires , i manged to run them though the plastic shelding , apart from at the end of the multiplug.

why do you need to run speaker wiring?

whats wrong with the oem stuff already present?

it should be more than sufficent to run aftermarket speakers aslong as your not trying to slot a 10" sub in your door??

Installing a component set , and wires have to be ran for the Woofer/ Tweeter.

ah right.

Im not 100% sure wether there is any differences between mk5b and mk6's but from what I recall on my own mk5b the doors wiring is fed through a simple rubber tube conduit into the chasis and both ends of the tube are disconnected by squeezing the tabs.

again not 100% but afair the mak6's had twist release versions that work more like a plug and socket so rules out threading additional wires through unless you squeze them down the side of the male plug to get inside the cable cover.....though obviously not ideal or imo advisable.

Id personally nip a scrappy and whipoff a couple of the mk5b's door tubes and add the to my own doors along with the existing one's, then use them primarily for aftermarket reasons, saves disturbing perfectly good existing wiring :thumb:

well the one i just done i asked after as not 100 % sure how they pop out , there like 3 clips round the edge that have to push in . what i done was made a little slit in the rubber around the wiring and passed the wire though that to keep it hidden as possible , the only place that can see the wire is where it comes out the rubber sleeving and into the car.