plasma dials

tigerst24

hi guys i ve fitted some plasma dials yesterday and they look mint

but i have one problem theres no reading coming from the temp guage or petrol one either !

but all the other guages on the speedo are working fine.

any clues to what might be wrong ?

thanks yvonne

have you damaged the plug or ribbon circuit/push connections on the rear?

walk us through what you did when fitting the dials so we can spot any potential causes.

but i have one problem theres no reading coming from the temp guage or petrol one either !

thanks yvonne

walk us through what you did when fitting the dials so we can spot any potential causes.

well basically i bought these, off someone off here and they was already complete and done.

but upon delivery the front plastic to the speedo was cracked , so i have no choice to take

the back half off that one to put together with my origanal front .

then just fitted them in the normal way with plugs that clip into the back along with speedo cable

and everything worked apart from the right hand side , it lights up but doesnt register :(

hope this helps u out

thanks yvonne

thanks yvonne

well basically i bought these, off someone off here and they was already complete and done.

but upon delivery the front plastic to the speedo was cracked , so i have no choice to take

then just fitted them in the normal way with plugs that clip into the back along with speedo cable

and everything worked apart from the right hand side , it lights up but doesnt register :(

hope this helps u out

thanks yvonne

ok a few questions that might help

1. are the dials identical to the type you took out? (rev counter/crap picture of car variety)

2. how serious was the damage to the face plexi? (would it indicate a serious blow)

3. if the dial are turned upside down do the gauge hands move?

4. has the circuit ribbon been creased or torn in anyway? (also has it been pulled away from the female slot connector)

5. Can the seller be 100% trusted and confirm the dials were functional before postage?

6. Can you confirm the cars wiring is 100% still (may have been damaged during original instrument removal, can be tested by replacing originals)

7. Were the ribbon circuit connects to the offending dials are the connectors firmly pushed into place?

thanks yvonne

hope this helps u out

thanks yvonne

ok a few questions that might help

1. are the dials identical to the type you took out? (rev counter/crap picture of car variety)

2. how serious was the damage to the face plexi? (would it indicate a serious blow)

3. if the dial are turned upside down do the gauge hands move?

4. has the circuit ribbon been creased or torn in anyway? (also has it been pulled away from the female slot connector)

5. Can the seller be 100% trusted and confirm the dials were functional before postage?

6. Can you confirm the cars wiring is 100% still (may have been damaged during original instrument removal, can be tested by replacing originals)

7. Were the ribbon circuit connects to the offending dials are the connectors firmly pushed into place?

right had them back out today and found the problem is you have two clips to the back of the speedo

one is blue the other is white .

well when i plug the white in with the blue at attched no tep or fuel readings but when i unplug the white

the temp etc works fine but then no rpm ? whats happened?

and its also doing this with the origanls now two so helpppppppppppp

thanks yvonne

right had them back out today and found the problem is you have two clips to the back of the speedo

well when i plug the white in with the blue at attched no tep or fuel readings but when i unplug the white

thanks yvonne

if the originals suffer the same fault you now know the problem lies outside the dails even tho they cant be ruled out as the original cause of the problem.

Check wires for signs of stress , stretching, kinks and wether theyve been pulled away from their terminals.

beyond that you'll need to check appropriate fuses and relays related to the gauge cluster (especially if you by chance neglected to disconnect the battery before attempting to disconnect or fit anything).

once you've corrected your current problem retry fitting the cluster with the battery off and check to see if it nukes the new relay/fuse again which would indicate somethings naffed on in the new cluster.

thanks yvonne

if the originals suffer the same fault you now know the problem lies outside the dails even tho they cant be ruled out as the original cause of the problem.

Check wires for signs of stress , stretching, kinks and wether theyve been pulled away from their terminals.

beyond that you'll need to check appropriate fuses and relays related to the gauge cluster (especially if you by chance neglected to disconnect the battery before attempting to disconnect or fit anything).

once you've corrected your current problem retry fitting the cluster with the battery off and check to see if it nukes the new relay/fuse again which would indicate somethings naffed on in the new cluster.

thanks for helpful advice i will check again tomorrow

kind regards yvonne