MK6 Angel Eye LED upgrade

Naylor2006

Right chaps ive done a search but cant seem to find anything specific and the one post I did find it didnt seem like anyone had any ideas.

Ive got the Angel Eyes that most mk6 owners have and I have just upgraded bulbs to 5000k Cool Blue bulbs which are much brighter than the stocks and look much better. Unfortunately its highlighed the fact that the angel eye rings arnt very bright at all, some beemers you can see the eyes during the day they are so bright, albeit it a bit yellow.

Anyway is there anyone who knows of an upgrade kit to get these rings really popping, anything would be an improvement. No matter how many times I put 'MK6 Autoart LED upgrade' into google I always end up with links to buy the whole lighting unit.

Thanks for any advice.

You could try messure the rings and buy the CCFL rings off ebay, and replace the rings in the angel eyes..

My cuz has a set of CCFL angeleyes on his astra and you can see the clearly in the day time..

I'll have a look into it, problem with that is having to disassemble the unit.

Ive done this, although i did change mine to blue accidently! (I thaught the clear bulbd i had were white)

Basically, its a bit fiddily but under each light there is 2 rubber gromits, one under each halo ring (the wires go into the gromits)

If you take off the gromits you'll be faced with a tiny board which does come out, once out there are 2 x 3mm LED's.

Be carefull when un-soldering these as they are a bit fiddily.

Make sure to take not of the flat edge of the LED to distinguish possitive and negative polarity.

Once removed you can re-fit with any 12v 3mm led, you can get super bright white ones that will be visible during the day.

So to convert all halo's you'll need 8 x 3mm LED's of your choice.

Make sure you take your time and seal everything up properly with the gromits.

Hope this helps.

Ive done this, although i did change mine to blue accidently! (I thaught the clear bulbd i had were white)

Basically, its a bit fiddily but under each light there is 2 rubber gromits, one under each halo ring (the wires go into the gromits)

If you take off the gromits you'll be faced with a tiny board which does come out, once out there are 2 x 3mm LED's.

Make sure to take not of the flat edge of the LED to distinguish possitive and negative polarity.

Once removed you can re-fit with any 12v 3mm led, you can get super bright white ones that will be visible during the day.

Hope this helps.

Cheers mate, so its a bumper off job again :) Do you need to disassemble the whole light also or can you go in through the back still?

Hope this helps.

Cheers mate, so its a bumper off job again :) Do you need to disassemble the whole light also or can you go in through the back still?

Yep bumper off :) No you dont need to disassemble the whole light, theres 2 rubber gromits underneath the light where the black & white angel wires go into, you'll see wht i mean as soon as you get them off.