Projector problems

eetaylog

Yeah. Usually.... I've never seen a projector bulb go at the edges before. Is the picture dimmer than usual?

No not really, just has a tint towards the edge of the screen.

Nah i don't think it is anything to do with the lamp mate. Its probably something to do with the light engine that converts the picture from date onto the screen. Lamps just go dull and light fades.

Possibly something to do with the optics then. I dont really know much about them but im going to take it apart and see whats going on. I think they have optics which handle the RGB from the lamp. Ill soon see.

the lamp does not do rgb, it just amplifies the picture coming out of the optics or whatever they are called. I'm more used to cinema specific digital projectors which are quite larger but in theory should be the same. Take the lamp out and have a look at its condition first as you should eliminate that too. But i think its something to do with whatever converts the input signal into the image that is amplified.

the lamp does not do rgb, it just amplifies the picture coming out of the optics or whatever they are called. I'm more used to cinema specific digital projectors which are quite larger but in theory should be the same. Take the lamp out and have a look at its condition first as you should eliminate that too. But i think its something to do with whatever converts the input signal into the image that is amplified.

sounds like it could still be the optics then, could be that theres something wrong with the optics before the RGB goes into the lamp stage? I will have a look at the lamp as well though.