condensation

16Vrhys

had this problem since ive got it but then the good weather set in and now the winters in its a damn pain and isnt nice for my family having to sit in a car for 15 mins or so while trying to clear a screen!

basically both the front and rear windows get soaked in water each time , help PLEASE :(

Hows your boot carpet? Feel all the way round the edges of it, if its wet thers a few places the water can leak in. Most lickey bits that will leak are, rear lights, if they are ok try the seal, then the sunroof drains, there in the corners of the boot at the rear quater panels. The rear bumper bolt holes can leak too. But the most unlikley places are the fuel filler neck or arches if badly corroded(or not seald properly after repair) also rear spoiler, if water drips out of the latch you'llnef to re seal the spoiler. Hope this helps mate

had this problem since ive got it but then the good weather set in and now the winters in its a damn pain and isnt nice for my family having to sit in a car for 15 mins or so while trying to clear a screen!

basically both the front and rear windows get soaked in water each time , help PLEASE :(

Im afraid until you get good hot weather again your screwed.

chances are at some point in the past water has gotten into the cab (wether that be from a leak or window left open in the rain)

that moisture will remain soaked into anything from the carpet to the seat sponges causing your cab to have excessive humidity, that air moisture then freezes to the coldest point it can find in winter.....your cars glass.

unfortunetly when you finally melt that ice from the inside all it does is soak back in somewhere again until the cab temp drops again.

the solution is not easy to acheive in winter as you have to not only remove the ice you also have to get all the moisture out the car to prevent it freezing again.

I had to wait till warmer weather then seal my car up and blast heated air into the cab with a industrial blast heater to solve the problem before the following winter, it worked but is obviously a bit extreme (especially if you havnt got the heater to hand)

for now your best bet is increasing the freezing temp level of the glass itself.

stop gap choice is black bin bangs over the outer glass surface at night and if possible black insulation filled blankets like the type used on water tanks in houses.

desnt look good, but it works.

then when the weather gets warmer (preferably HOT), perforate some binbags and slide them over your front seats, close all windows and crack your sunroof open a few milli, close the car up and leave it baking in the sun the entire day.... after a couple of days pf doing that you can usually assume most of the excess moisture inside will have evaporated and escaped out the sunroof and when winter comes freezing should be minimized.

yeah not had problems with freezing in side yet but i have to get all the ice off the front , then wait another 10-15 mins for the window to dry off before i can even go anywhere. all carpets dry in rear but rear passenger arch is corroded. also the plastic trim around front window screen is not great and has a bit broken off

yeah not had problems with freezing in side yet but i have to get all the ice off the front , then wait another 10-15 mins for the window to dry off before i can even go anywhere. all carpets dry in rear but rear passenger arch is corroded. also the plastic trim around front window screen is not great and has a bit broken off

try Silica gel it will absorb the moisture or desiccant moisture absorber

try Silica gel it will absorb the moisture or desiccant moisture absorber

I tried that in a tupperware tube with its lid holed, it only got rid of the bulk and that was only after repeatedly replacing the gel over days, took over a week and left the car honkinf inside for monthes

a dehumidifier removes moisture from the air but the water doesnt enter the air until it vaporizers.....which usually requires heat.

so as people said would leaving window open a bit help the situation or make it worse

if you leave your window open at night theres a good chance it'll further increase the interior icing.

The glass freezes up because its the surface that can decrease its temprature the lowest and quickest.

Drive round with the heaters on full to evaporate as much water as possible and open the windows/sunroof as much as bearable to get fresh (less humid) air in :thumb:

i use Silica gel it will absorb the moisture 1kg will absorb 2kg of water i had a leak from the door water running over the trim 2 days bone dry plus when its done its job bung in microwave/oven heat it up to reactivate it

Drive round with the heaters on full to evaporate as much water as possible and open the windows/sunroof as much as bearable to get fresh (less humid) air in :thumb:

i use Silica gel it will absorb the moisture 1kg will absorb 2kg of water i had a leak from the door water running over the trim 2 days bone dry plus when its done its job bung in microwave/oven heat it up to reactivate it

My car is a swimming pool .. :rolleyes: ...

In winter I take the carpet out of the boot ...then every so often mop up the puddles.

I swipe the rear windscreen with a squeegee - most of the water flies out of the car if you do it violently enough... and then dry inside with a bit of old towel - do the same on the windscreen (use the squeegee if it is really bad - but collect the water in the towel) - then take the towel home to dry out for the next day...drive with the window open and heater on full...

as long as it doesn't rain again this has worked quite well...if it rains I'm back where I started...

And I try and remember to put the frost covers on ....to stop having to scrape inside....

In winter I take the carpet out of the boot ...then every so often mop up the puddles.

I swipe the rear windscreen with a squeegee - most of the water flies out of the car if you do it violently enough... and then dry inside with a bit of old towel - do the same on the windscreen (use the squeegee if it is really bad - but collect the water in the towel) - then take the towel home to dry out for the next day...drive with the window open and heater on full...

as long as it doesn't rain again this has worked quite well...if it rains I'm back where I started...

And I try and remember to put the frost covers on ....to stop having to scrape inside....

you never think to actually try stop the water getting in? :O

you never think to actually try stop the water getting in? :O

First excuses - I have to park on the road quite away from house - no garage, no drive. I also have a 3 yr old ...so haven't been able to work on car unless someone is around to watch her, it is light and I have time ...

I have tried - the worst leak is in the boot - I have seen the water drip in on the left hand side in torrential rain ... Tried the hosepipe/jug of water trick couldn't see anything.

Front doors leak ( I thought might be me not sealing it properly after taking locks off to rebuild....) visiting my parents (garage and drive) I had a look at the driver door and there was a bit of rubber/seal lying in the bottom - looks like some kind of defector that stopped water from the bottom of the glass running down the speaker...stuck it back and now that door leaks less - but didn't have time to do the other side...

Water in footwell - thought it was just wet feet - but now think water is coming in there too.... (runs off hanging head in shame...)