Car Insurance

GingeRS2K

Just rang up today for a Renewal quote as got a bit Impatient as its due in just over 3 weeks away.

Last years was £672.00 and that remained the same all year out inc me swapping cars over a few times and adding cars on for a couple of weeks a time.

This years....£752.59!! Altho thats including the breakdown cover which I'm not too particularly impressed with, (cars added on to the policy arent covered. Whenever I request for a low-loader they send out a normal tow truck that lifts just the front wheels. Scuffed exhaust Cheers Mr recovery man!)

Altho may ring up as a new customer and ask for a new quote, Atho both prices above were Third party fire and theft. And when I asked to upgrade to fully comp, they uttered £1800

With my current job as an automotive engineer, I'm not allowed to drive other peoples cars. So looking into the Motor Traders policy, some ask what is my business name is and tbh I dont really have my own business more of a sideline in doing a "favour for a friend and so in return" and the occasional driving cars back from the auction houses to be sold on privately which now I dont do anymore.

Any tips on what to say etc when ringing up for a motor trade policy??

Just rang up today for a Renewal quote as got a bit Impatient as its due in just over 3 weeks away.

Last years was £672.00 and that remained the same all year out inc me swapping cars over a few times and adding cars on for a couple of weeks a time.

This years....£752.59!! Altho thats including the breakdown cover which I'm not too particularly impressed with, (cars added on to the policy arent covered. Whenever I request for a low-loader they send out a normal tow truck that lifts just the front wheels. Scuffed exhaust Cheers Mr recovery man!)

Altho may ring up as a new customer and ask for a new quote, Atho both prices above were Third party fire and theft. And when I asked to upgrade to fully comp, they uttered £1800

With my current job as an automotive engineer, I'm not allowed to drive other peoples cars. So looking into the Motor Traders policy, some ask what is my business name is and tbh I dont really have my own business more of a sideline in doing a "favour for a friend and so in return" and the occasional driving cars back from the auction houses to be sold on privately which now I dont do anymore.

Any tips on what to say etc when ringing up for a motor trade policy??

go thru a broker that deals with motor trade insurance and they'll sort everything for you, my old man has a trade policy with no business name or premises and it is summat like £600 for both him and my mum both are covered for trade and SDP use but bear in mind they are both older folk!

policy is with tradex thru M R Insurance Services

• 1 month later...

you got phone numbers please my renewal has gone up 100% from last year £450 to £900 thats a joke.. was covered by highway threw adrian flux but highway have changed their req and they cant cover me?? even tho i been with them 8 years and had no claims or anything

What would i have to say to get a trade policy?

you got phone numbers please my renewal has gone up 100% from last year £450 to £900 thats a joke.. was covered by highway threw adrian flux but highway have changed their req and they cant cover me?? even tho i been with them 8 years and had no claims or anything

They've all gone up ridiculous amounts this year. Im with Keith Michaels (again) as they managed to beat everyone by a good few hundred quid.

What bit have they changed? Mods? Your local area? # of Years no claims to even be a customer?

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i got this too when i rang for renewal.

For the 7 i now had to be 30 to be insured by them according to their new requirements.....but i got a £4,000 quotation anyway. but the chap was pleasent enough and had a laugh with him so i dont begrudge them - he was a wealth of knowledge and explained who/what/why and didn't try selling me a 4k policy when i'd gotten a quote for £487 from admiral

Edited by geordie_aaron