update v1.02

onehotminute_191

it seems that everytime i put a different disc in it asks me to do update v1.02. if i dont the game wont sign in online. this makes no sense because it ask me every now and again to do this update for the same games?

ive got something like PS3 software v3.50.

any know why this is?

Let me guess, You've just put GT5 in? Because GT5 has been updated to 1.02 already, which is a 133MB file, exactly the same size as the first update 1.01, which was released several days ago.... and thats probably round about what Black ops is at also. So youve probabkly downloaded a black ops patch 1.01 and 1.02. Edited by Craig855S

well im not sure which games its designed for but it seems that every now and then i get asked to update it for different games. and if i dont. it signs out and wont sign back in until i turn the game off.

and yes its also that 133Mb file? it has been for ages lol.

Is it asking you to update to 1.02 on more than 1 occasion for 1 game. The PS3 firmware periodic updates are currently at about 3.50 and dont get changed that often, new games on the other hand get updates a few times in the first couple of days/weeks/months so you'll have seen 2 updates for GT5, and at least 1 for black ops...But that doesnt mean your PS3 is broken, if however you have to download GT5 1.02 EVERY time you turn your PS3 on, then it is broken and is not saving correctly. Do youhave enough hard drive space to complete the download?