well thats just feckin marvelous

shawdreamer

just to add to your misery, that waterfall and view from the top were shown at length on 'the trip' last night!

aha but the waterfall is hard to find and atleast 3 miles away near the opersite end of the cove close to a place thats called Gordale Scar which has its own waterfall too.

The waterfalls called Janets Foss, I used to swim there after climbing up and over the cove then down the scar.

Sorry, I don't agree with the whole camping thing at all.

It aint for everyone, more and more people in modern society have become to dependant on the luxuries of the modern world I think.

I just like to know I can survive if America decides to randomly invade some other country and the world go's tits up.....plus I like camping :pancake:

just to add to your misery, that waterfall and view from the top were shown at length on 'the trip' last night!

aye I saw it on iPlayer, Steve Cougan wasnt it?, thats the top of the cove (which is were the film also shows)

Hang on - are you comparing camping with survival during a nuclear winter? Interesting...

actually I wasnt comparing it to anything particular but if you insist on being picky, just to add a bit of little realized knowledge the chances of all out nuclear war so devastating so as to create a nuclear winter have reduced hugely in recent years even with additional countries gaining access to weapons and material.

more likely is the use of biological or bacterial weapons in future conflicts or terrorist acts and much as is common with nuclear targets the main population areas will be targetted.....cities in other words, leaving the less populated and rural areas more or less untouched.

However......

as said I wasnt referring to anything so precise as you stated and more to the point I was being sarcastic (something which evidently flew straight over your head?)....sorry to dissappoint but Im not a one of the people wearing a pair of poster boards stating "the end is nigh".

I like camping because I enjoy being outdoors, dont care for beds all that much and actually prefere a more firmer surface to sleep on, Im less susceptive to colder tempretures due to running a constant tempreture above the normal, like occassional solitude and exercising pure self reliance while practicing genuine survival skills that dont involve the use of a pc to attempt to belittle someones hobbies and life style and could very well benefitn me and my family in a emergency situation :thumb:

Hang on - are you comparing camping with survival during a nuclear winter? Interesting...

actually I wasnt comparing it to anything particular but if you insist on being picky, just to add a bit of little realized knowledge the chances of all out nuclear war so devastating so as to create a nuclear winter have reduced hugely in recent years even with additional countries gaining access to weapons and material.

more likely is the use of biological or bacterial weapons in future conflicts or terrorist acts and much as is common with nuclear targets the main population areas will be targetted.....cities in other words, leaving the less populated and rural areas more or less untouched.

However......

as said I wasnt referring to anything so precise as you stated and more to the point I was being sarcastic (something which evidently flew straight over your head?)....sorry to dissappoint but Im not a one of the people wearing a pair of poster boards stating "the end is nigh".

I like camping because I enjoy being outdoors, dont care for beds all that much and actually prefere a more firmer surface to sleep on, Im less susceptive to colder tempretures due to running a constant tempreture above the normal, like occassional solitude and exercising pure self reliance while practicing genuine survival skills that dont involve the use of a pc to attempt to belittle someones hobbies and life style and could very well benefitn me and my family in a emergency situation :thumb:

So, camping instills survival skills to be used during a nuclear winter. I'm gonna go buy a tent.

However......

So, camping instills survival skills to be used during a nuclear winter. I'm gonna go buy a tent.

did you actually even bother reading what I just typed or did the big words confuse you? ?(

Be smart.

Don't camp.

What do people get out of living outdoors and not showering for a few days ?

Because there's more to life than going to gym and having a shower ?

Not all people like the same stuff obviously, but if you never gonna get out of your comfort zone, you're gonna miss a lot.

Who the f*ck is hermione?

Ha. Good one.