Thinking of goin new York

Andyb0127

After new year it's my wifes birthday in January, iwas think of taking her to new York for a week to see the sights and bit of shopping, I know alot of people do it before Xmas but I couldn't get the time off, has anyone been there is it worth goin just thought I'd ask see if anyone has.

Is it worth going? Only you can establish that once you've been!

I went about ten years ago. It was alright. Just another major city with a few sights that didn't particularly interest me, but may interest you.

I went about ten years ago. It was alright. Just another major city with a few sights that didn't particularly interest me, but may interest you.

I suppose (and only assume) its like many other topics on here that want to know experiences of those that have visited a place, owned a car, played a console or any other thing.

Maybe before shelling out wads of cash its possible to decide if its worth it for themselves or be advised of a better option?

PeeWee- As you want to be so literal about it, then No, I don't think it's worth going. What value is that?

None at all with no reason or suggestions of a better part you prefered to visit for whatever reasons. :unsure:

I suppose when I speak to people and they ask me for advice or guidence im more likely to give reasons or suggestions rather than simply saying "no" but then again everyones different & I tend to appreciate being asked for my opinion. If it was an open discussion & I had little input to give then I probably wouldn't say anything at all.

Edited by PeeWee

PeeWee, dear chap, the questions were: Has anyone been? Is it worth going? Both questions answered, so i'd consider that input.

Perhaps if you have no relevant input on the topic you should simply 'butt out', so to speak? :)

Ten years ago ? They had more buildings at lower Manhattan in those days, didn't they ?

And anyway the question can't be answered without knowing at least something about Andy's dad... Like for example if he likes people, traffic jams, subway, tall buildings, more traffic jams, more people, theatre, concerts, expensive nightlife, etc. If he does, why are you asking ? If he doesn't, why are you asking ?

PeeWee, dear chap, the questions were: Has anyone been? Is it worth going? Both questions answered, so i'd consider that input.

Perhaps if you have no relevant input on the topic you should simply 'butt out', so to speak? :)

Maybe i'm wrong, if so then accept my appologies but I see a lot of people lately posting comments to various members trying to come accross as smart arsed. Like I say maybe i'm totaly wrong it just seemed that way. I suppose since your visit wasn't a pleasant one your answers could be reasonable if a little unhelpful.

Ten years ago ? They had more buildings at lower Manhattan in those days, didn't they ?

They sure did, the photo of me and a mate standing inbetween the twin towers by the globe statue is a bit eery now!

They sure did, the photo of me and a mate standing inbetween the twin towers by the globe statue is a bit eery now!

I would think so.

Not as eery as this one though :ninja:

http://tomtrotzer.com/guywtc1.jpg

:D

Maybe i'm wrong, if so then accept my appologies but I see a lot of people lately posting comments to various members trying to come accross as smart arsed. Like I say maybe i'm totaly wrong it just seemed that way. I suppose since your visit wasn't a pleasant one your answers could be reasonable if a little unhelpful.

Peewee don't worry about it, in a way I shouldn't of expected decent reasonable answers prob be some worse ones to be honest.

And anyway the question can't be answered without knowing at least something about Andy's dad... Like for example if he likes people, traffic jams, subway, tall buildings, more traffic jams, more people, theatre, concerts, expensive nightlife, etc. If he does, why are you asking ? If he doesn't, why are you asking ?

Dont mean it to sound funny but what's it got to do with my dad he's not coming I'm taking my wife?