Pre MOT nervousness

trickydicky

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't see why people worry about MOT's, if I have something up with the car its dealt with not left to the (useless IMO) MOT to spot it!

I tend not to check my emissions or scrape crap from under the car to find hidden fail spots though.

i don't see why people worry about MOT's, if I have something up with the car its dealt with not left to the (useless IMO) MOT to spot it!

I tend not to check my emissions or scrape crap from under the car to find hidden fail spots though.

not many people do mate.

It's smaller things that bugger up MOTs.

When starting my car from cold its shite to drive and idles at 1800RPM...

That's probably a fail.

When warmed up it's fine though!

No it shouldnt when they are doing the emissions the heat the car up to normal running temp, so all should be good.

I'm dreading our Mondeo's MOT... Why the mrs is looking into Hire Purchasing an Audi... :rolleyes:

Best thing is... It's "[her] car" until it needs repairs or MOT... then it's "Well, it's our car really... you should be paying something towards it"... Yeah, I cycle everywhere and am no longer on the insurance! :pancake:

Just put my GTI through its first MOT. I knew it would fail but I though, get them to tell me everything thats wrong then Ill sort it....wasnt expecting 2 RED 1 ORANGE sheets!!!!!!!!!! Least to say Im nearly done. Doing some welding tomorrow then as soon as I get a airbox through the door Im off down to the retest.

Depends.

Depends in what sort of a garage I'm going in to.

That's what annoys me the most about MOT's. Inconsistency.

IMHO All classes including class 4 should be done by VOSA stations and not some backstreet private garages.

At least then I could buy a car with a fresh ticket and KNOW that it is roadworthy.

Unfortunately I've seen cars in the past worth around £10k (in the dealership !) which I would never pass blindfolded.

And at that point it could be relaxed to 2 year period for private cars, seeing as loads of worthless junk is still on our roads, despite having to pass every year. Yeah, but pass what ? Moneymaking scheme ?