Pre MOT nervousness

trickydicky

And at that point it could be relaxed to 2 year period for private cars, seeing as loads of worthless junk is still on our roads, despite having to pass every year. Yeah, but pass what ? Moneymaking scheme ?

This 2 year thing does seem scary when u look at the state of some cars on the road, you'd think for some a year between MOTs was too long already without making it longer!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard somewhere taxi's have to have one every 6 months, i'd be up for doing it every 6 month's if the testing fee's are reduced i do think 2 years is a bit far-fetched because strictly speaking an MOT literaly means it is road worthy from the day of testing at any point authorities can send your car to get a re test done if they think it is not up to road standards

Im really nervous about putting my Disco in for a test. Mostly because Im worried they might fail it on my workmanship. Then im buggered.

sell it as an agricultural vehicle then :thumb:

I never get it, simply because I go over my motors when I buy them and before they go in for MOT's (about a month before)

ontop of that Ive put cars in that I assumed would fail but wanted to know just were else if any there was issues I hadnt noted...... and they then passed.

plus........ A bloke who owes me favours he'll never likely ever be able to repay is the master mechanic at the place and does 90% of the MOTs, including mine and unless he finds something that will render the car unsafe or unrepairable in atleast a two week time scale he'll give me a nudge rather than failing it on something trivial like a light out (which can cost you the price of a retest in some places)

I then correct or repair whatever was an issue asap then bring it back for him to check the qaulity and cover his own arse, then Im away, jobs a goodun

on a side note, if for any reason you have doubt that your car is upto road worthy standards whatever the time of year, you should NEVER drive it MOT certified or not, until your concerns are satisfied, if you follow that principle your motor will rarely fail any MOT.

Edited by shawdreamer

Im really nervous about putting my Disco in for a test. Mostly because Im worried they might fail it on my workmanship. Then im buggered.

sell it as an agricultural vehicle then :thumb:

discoverys are worth good money if it was to fail and you break it

Ive put all the effort in to get it back on the road. It would have been easier to break it to get the money from it, but I wanted a roadworthy 4x4 to use for towing