xr2i and rs turbo inlet manifolds

bad ass cossie

I wasn't saying to use the Focus manifold, I was saying to use the cast alloy inlet from a Fiesta RS1800 or an XR3i 130.

I'm not sure what the boggo 2.0 Focus manifold is like, Stu would probably know better than I. There's also the option of the Focus RS inlet manifold, which would fit straight to the engine and is proven at pretty big power.

Fitting an inlet that wasn't designed for the engine seems a lot of work for a backwards step.

I'd also consider other options than OFAB. I think by the time you've bought all the bits, and paid someone to fiddle about getting it set up, you'd probably be close to having a better management system installed.

I wasn't saying to use the Focus manifold, I was saying to use the cast alloy inlet from a Fiesta RS1800 or an XR3i 130.

I'm not sure what the boggo 2.0 Focus manifold is like, Stu would probably know better than I. There's also the option of the Focus RS inlet manifold, which would fit straight to the engine and is proven at pretty big power.

Fitting an inlet that wasn't designed for the engine seems a lot of work for a backwards step.

I'd also consider other options than OFAB. I think by the time you've bought all the bits, and paid someone to fiddle about getting it set up, you'd probably be close to having a better management system installed.

to be honest ive paid £155 tonite of ebay a ofab ecu and loom and i can also get a custom remap done for around 300 so in my opinion i dont think thats bad goin at all

There are compications with both inlets and and to be honest what difference does it make what manifold you use the fiesta one needs and adaptor plate and the zetec one needs mods to fit the fuel rail i know what i would rather do lol

So do I. I'd rather fit an inlet that was designed to work with the type of cylinder head you're fitting it too, and so minimise restrictions and maximise power :)

There are compications with both inlets and and to be honest what difference does it make what manifold you use the fiesta one needs and adaptor plate and the zetec one needs mods to fit the fuel rail i know what i would rather do lol

So do I. I'd rather fit an inlet that was designed to work with the type of cylinder head you're fitting it too, and so minimise restrictions and maximise power :)

lol and id rather use the inlet designed to work with a turbo and fit an adaptor plate so it fits the head meaning no mods to the fuel rail probz the same flow if not better and maximise power further

:rolleyes:

lol and id rather use the inlet designed to work with a turbo and fit an adaptor plate so it fits the head meaning no mods to the fuel rail probz the same flow if not better and maximise power further

:rolleyes:

You mean the inlet that is exactly the same as the one fitted to an XR2i, Orion EFI and XR3i, so isn't specific to the turbo engine at all, apart from one of the sensors being different?

Fair play you might have to fiddle a bit with injectors on a Zetec manifold, but I'd much sooner do that than potentially compromise air flow. With the amount of Zetec turbo experience out there now, I can't see why anyone goes down this bodged route anymore to be honest.

The best manifold for fitment and flow is a standard Focus inlet manifold, which if you compare to a Focus RS manifold is very similar, if not identical.

And Tezp, no offence, but you're talking rubbish.

The way i see it is there has to be mods made to both inlets, he is using fiesta management so it would be easier to use the fiesta inlet... no?

About manifolds being designed for turbo use.. (other than strength for pressurised use, but you didn't mention that)

lol Is that not the same thing?? boost pressure from the turbo?

:nutter:

Have you looked at the Focus and FRS manifolds side to side Stu? Always wondered how different they were to be honest. Does the RS one look thicker or anything to improve it's strength? Or were the black top inlets just stronger than the plastic silver top inlets to begin with?

lol Is that not the same thing?? boost pressure from the turbo? :nutter:

There's no difference in strength between an XR2i and Fiesta RS manifold.

Please stop centering your text, it's harder to read and unnecessary.

Have you looked at the Focus and FRS manifolds side to side Stu? Always wondered how different they were to be honest. Does the RS one look thicker or anything to improve it's strength? Or were the black top inlets just stronger than the plastic silver top inlets to begin with?

I haven't had them side by side no, but i've seen non-RS manifolds used at 2 bar+ pressures with no issues. The chances are a Focus RS inlet does vary slightly, particularly around the ISCV as the n/a zetec one leaks air under boost.

IIRC, the Focus RS throttle body is different than a standard Focus one.

The other big difference between the early and late plastic inlet manifolds is the type of injectors used - later using end-fed injectors which is cheaper, more reliable and gives you a wider choice of injectors.

The issue was never the strengh difference between the xr2i and frst inlet, It was the strengh difference between the standard zetec inlet and the frst one! And that in my opinion the frst inlet is the easier option while running fiesta turbo management. (its easier to add an adaption plate than mod the fuel rail) As for the txt i find it just as easy to read Whats the big problem?

:mellow:

I didn't realise that the Focus manifold used end-fed injectors. That's an interesting bit of information I must say.

That would probably seal it for me. Must be an injector that would fit the Focus manifold that would work with OFAB surely? So you then get a manifold suited to the engine, which is far better than bodging on a CVH one.