Inception

eetaylog

How do you make text invisable? Since I cant do it then beware, massive spoiler alert!!

I watched it for the first time with the wife early last week, then watched it again at work on saturday, it is rather good i agree!

The ending, first time i watched it I was sure in my head i heard the totem fall as the picture goes black, second time I watched it however I noticed the sound wasnt the toem falling, just the big "noise" you get when films cut to black like that.

so yes, my theory is he is dreaming, maybe the main thick of the film (the mission) was being done within a dream itself (so that makes the 3 layers + limbo actually 4 layers + limbo) Either that or Michael Cane puts Leo under when they arrive at the Airport so Leo gets to see his kids for years worth of dreamtime, before being woken up after a few days by the police who still want him.

^^

The ending is obviously up to your own interpretation, but for my own 2 pennies i think he actually goes back to reality (at least thats the way id like to look at it as it makes the arc of the story complete and so much better).

In the end though, i guess it doesnt really matter, the point is that he walks away from the totem without actually watching whether it falls over or not, meaning that hes accepted that reality is relative and its whatever makes you happy, which in his case is being with his kids.

Either way its a belter of a film and so much better 2nd time round. 8)

Edited by eetaylog

One of my Top 10 films of all time, awesome.

I had this discussion with a mate of mine when it first came out, we got the right answer in the end after a lot of explanations, basically he isn't dreaming at the end.

I agree. It feels like a bit of a cheat but i think they give us a bit of a clue with his wedding ring, he seems to be wearing it in the dream levels, but not when hes back to reality.

One of my Top 10 films of all time, awesome.

I had this discussion with a mate of mine when it first came out, we got the right answer in the end after a lot of explanations, basically he isn't dreaming at the end.

I agree. It feels like a bit of a cheat but i think they give us a bit of a clue with his wedding ring, he seems to be wearing it in the dream levels, but not when hes back to reality.

I can't remember all of our conversation (it was a while ago now since I saw it at the cinema) but it had to do with something about the Dream Levels, and how they were "taken" from those dreams, which meant it was impossible he would be in a dream now.

Or something like that.

Watched this for the second time today. Endings like that annoy me but i like that it fully leaves it open to you to decide. Its very well done, because it leaves it looking as though its just about to fall over but then goes to the black screen. So you dont know whether or not it was going to carry on spinning or not.

I like to think that it was reality and that he finally got to see his children again. During the dreams he never gets to see his kids faces, where as in that scene he does, therefore i say its reality and not a dream.

Although if it was still a dream, he is still seeing his children and the dreams all seem real to them. So although he may still be in the dream, he will feel that its not and that they are his children. So its a win win.

Its been a great year for films this year imo.. loved Inception, but my top 5 for the year

1) The Social Network

2) The Town

3) Inception

4) Monsters

5) Kick Ass

but to answer the O/P, I like to think he was back in reality. A great way to end the film btw,.. Nolan is awesome.

Is the Social Network that good? I missed it when it was out and really wanted to see it, gutted :(

loved it... havent seen it since cinema though and I have a shocking memory so cant remember what I thought at the end!

I remember laughing, Nolan has a sense of humour :)

Is the Social Network that good? I missed it when it was out and really wanted to see it, gutted :(

loved it... havent seen it since cinema though and I have a shocking memory so cant remember what I thought at the end!

I remember laughing, Nolan has a sense of humour :)

It depends.. I like Facebook, and I'm totally into its concept, its history. I'm also into entrepreneurialism, so the whole idea of Zuckerburg going from "College nerd" to Billionaire was pretty fascinating to me.

Dunno if you saw The Town, mate - but that was a masterpiece

Its been a great year for films this year imo.. loved Inception, but my top 5 for the year

1) The Social Network

2) The Town

3) Inception

4) Monsters

5) Kick Ass

but to answer the O/P, I like to think he was back in reality. A great way to end the film btw,.. Nolan is awesome.

Toy Story 3 would be getting in amongst that lot. My favourite one of the three.

Just to clear something up... was Tadashi very old in the beginning/end scene (limbo dream level) because:

a) Cobb had spent so long looking for him in limbo that he eventually started to forget that he was in a dream, so it ended up taking even longer than planned, and he eventually found him by luck?

b) In the time between Tadashi dying in the 3rd level dream and Cobb entering the limbo level (only minutes later in the 3rd level presumably), 10's/100's of years had gone by?

I noticed that Tadashi was way older than Cobb when he eventually found him, so im leaning towards b) but what do you think?