Blocked Number Keeps Calling

wwwd

Some c*nt keeps ringing my phone (it's happened for the past week now) from a "blocked" number and when I answer it I heard about half a second of background noise then they hang up.

Is there anyway of finding out who is doing this? I don't really want to resort to changing my mobile number.

Unless the mobiles for business use just simply set it to only receive calls from "known numbers", in other words numbers that are stored in the sim memory or phone memory.

I use two mobiles, one for personal use and one for business..... the business one gets turned of as soon as Im not working and only select few have the personal one. :pancake:

I use the number for both business and personal, so what are my options?

what sort of business if I can ask?

does it mean you require the need to get calls from unfamiliar numbers on occassion?

if you dont and you know the numbers that do call you (and obviously there in your phones phonebook) then you can still set your phone to redirect unknown numbers to voicemail or ignore.

or possibly numbers that use a firm that dont send numbers...( does that make sence ?) ..like my in-laws are on an exchange that makes their number withheld

I have my moby set to reject withheld numbers.... "If you dont have the common courtesy to tell me who you are....then gtf I aint answering"

I use the number for both business and personal, so what are my options?

what sort of business if I can ask?

does it mean you require the need to get calls from unfamiliar numbers on occassion?

if you dont and you know the numbers that do call you (and obviously there in your phones phonebook) then you can still set your phone to redirect unknown numbers to voicemail or ignore.

I'm a freelance web designer so I give out my number for that, so I try and answer every call as it might be a lead.

what kind of fone do you have? i know samsungs have a button that you push to make it look like you are getting a call and it comes up blocked. happens to my manager when his fone is in his pocket

I am a man of impeccable taste, therefore I have an iPhone 4.

I am a man of impeccable ease of influence and buy what the masses do, therefore I have an iPhone 4.

:pancake:

tho I cant really comment if Im entirely honest as the missus bought me a I68 4g which incase anyone doesnt know is a shockingly close copy of the Iphone4 :blush:

iPhones, Androids and WiMo/WiPh have applications in their own "App Stores" that allow you to block certain numbers.

If the number is available when they ring, simply block that number. If it's "Unknown" or "Withheld" simply block anonymous calls.

Your not going to get many (if any) anonymous calls from leads... :thumb:

If you insist on answering every call incase it's a lead, you can't do anything then.

You can't block withheld numbers, incase it's a lead

You can't not answer withheld numbers, incase it's a lead

Just gota bear it out until they get bored, sorry mate

That's what I thought.

I guess I was wondering if I could ever find out what the number was, but I'm guessing not.

Which brings me to my next point, what is the point of being able to block a number? Surely it's only for people that have something to hide and want to abuse the telephone system?