Blocked Number Keeps Calling

wwwd

If you insist on answering every call incase it's a lead, you can't do anything then.

You can't block withheld numbers, incase it's a lead

You can't not answer withheld numbers, incase it's a lead

Just gota bear it out until they get bored, sorry mate

That's what I thought.

I guess I was wondering if I could ever find out what the number was, but I'm guessing not.

Which brings me to my next point, what is the point of being able to block a number? Surely it's only for people that have something to hide and want to abuse the telephone system?

It was originally created to prevent your number being added to calling lists which can then be handed round the cold calling companies. These lists were compiled by calls you'd made to what would seem safe numbers (supermarkets, argos, insurance brokers etc etc) these companies kept your number and often listed the basic reason behind the call and its purpose before handing it off to related companies for what was accused as undisclosed profit.

its absolutly pointless nowadays hawever since the creation of the cold call exception option you can choose to use, which essentially has you calling a company/government office (I forget who does it now) and they remove your number from call lists and further more prevent calls to your number from listed cold call/random companies.

I was getting dozens of cold calls a week (and even though I found it amusing to rip the p*ss out the annoying fecks when they called) it became annoying and my missus called the number she was given and Ive not had one cold call since.