id cards?

MCCORNY11

someone i know recently had there wallet stolen driving license credit cards bank cards all the usual

they used his bank card to pay for items over the phone as the driving license had all the info required to make the transactions.

got me thinking now is there anything else out there without the details but can still prove who you are?

im 23 but sometimes get asked for id when out as i look way younger

A lot of secondary schools have fingerprint technology so the students can pay for things like snacks, sweets and lunch, either at the cafeteria or using the various vending machines.

If they can implement this kind of system in this kind of environment, then why not though out an entire country?

It would solve a hell of a lot of problems, and I doubt anyone would have the balls to go around cutting peoples fingers off and using them to pay for things at the supermarket.

A lot of secondary schools have fingerprint technology so the students can pay for things like snacks, sweets and lunch, either at the cafeteria or using the various vending machines.

If they can implement this kind of system in this kind of environment, then why not though out an entire country?

It would solve a hell of a lot of problems, and I doubt anyone would have the balls to go around cutting peoples fingers off and using them to pay for things at the supermarket.

that would be a good thing for pubs and clubs things like that but would also catch thieving b*stards by having there records on file.

is it not quite easy to replicate someone's fingerprint these days?

i beleive you are liam as this is one of the only accepted forms of i.d apart from the usual license and passport which i used to carry around for ages as i misplaced my license but lose your passport and you best have deep pockets as the price keeps getting larger

I don't think the citizen card is proof of ID ? could be wrong

I would think it is proof of ID due to the fact you need to apply similar to a passport (same office in fact), its just a cheaper option. If it isn't proof of ID why the hell would you pay the money and be interviewed?

Thing is this finger print system probably works on a pre-pay or post-pay deal. Where you credit £10 to your finger by paying cash to the headteacher or whatever and then spend it with your finger until its gone, I highly doubt touching their finger in the canteen debits their bank account of the £2 or whatever a school dinner costs...

But, that said, the banks and the shops should all get in on this technology, so your fingerprint is linked to all your active accounts (so you'll never have a card) and then all you have to do is touch a pad and pick from a drop down list of your current account or credit card as the payment method..

But maybe you'll still need a card to use online stuff unless you get a scanner linked to your PC?

Edited by Craig855S