Home security

geordie_aaron

Ok, I've found a very naughty AC Snitz' 7 series...BUT there's ONE council house in our private cul-de-sac and there's a scum family live there, they did when i previously lived in this house (house i grew up in) but i had ' persuassive "words" with them when they moved in 4 brothers and the father and ever since then (10 years now) there's not been a problem other than one of them trying to get into EVERY lass i've had, but he's been rewarded with a hiding everytime, and heckling from an upstairs window about mine and liams cars "they're rubbish ETC" but never say a word when they see us......you know the type, parents never worked, kids never work/will work claim for everything (or atleast try)....

ok you get the point lol.

I want a half decent security camera to watch MY spec at the bottom of the cul-de-sac with 24hr automatic surveilance including 'night vision', been having a quick nosey about on the net and getting £400+.........WTF?!?!?! there is ONE drawback....distance.

from where i'll be mouting the camera upper-most corner of the house nearest parking spaces is 9 metres away.......

i'm open to fell off the back of a lorry/ex display/bankcruptcy material/refurbished ETC ETC

:cheers:

looks good - not sure if

"Resolution: 420 TV Lines

Pixels : 510 x 492 (NTSC) and 628 x 582 (PAL)"

is good or not though? sure it's better than an 'alright' tv?

then i'd need to source a recording device that would rewind/overlap after 24 hours automatically? i WAS thinking about a very low powered pc with some sort of software to do this.....but the cable will be coming into the bairns room so i'd preferably like to have a power source running up the wall to a high shelf that only i could reach...if needed

and before people mention it - there's 3 grannies that my camera could 'stray' on....so dont worry - it wont be. lol

peewee herman: all my neighbours are old and they've watched me grow from . and know how much me & liam love cars so they're all perfectly fine with me mounting a camera pointing at my car - there's already 4 cameras in the cul-de-sac 2 either side of the enterance and two other sides of the parking spaces.....none on my bit though - and my space is outside their house....yes 'you could try parking elsewhere'.....but why should i give MY space up of 7years because of some low-lifes......you's getting a feel for my feelings toward said scum-family? lol

Stu baby - there's a street lamp 3ft from the drivers door when it's parked.....not entirely sure if this helps when it comes to IR or not though? evidently it's not IR but perhaps it's enough light for the camera to pick it up? i'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" but £400+ for a single camera and vcr(HDD) is a years car insurance for me with change lol

Yeah, I do see your point Aaron I was more thinking of your legal point and keeping you on the right side rather than some scum neighbour lol. I had a little read up for you though & it seems because your not a business theres little legal problems at all. :thumb:

The only hiccup would be if your camera recorded part of someone elses property and they were not happy about it but as you just pointed out, your neighbours would be perfectly fine about it so happy days.

If your after decent your gonna have to pay through the nose for decent night imaging spec.

most these off the shelf deals dont count for shite at night, my brother in laws for instance has a fantastic day image and even when zooming on the dvd recording you can get very very clear facial definition from upto 15m (his Audi S4 is less than 6 metres from house in parking spot), easily high enough resolution to be used as evidentiary material (should the a car be illegally tampered with).

But the night image, shockingly crap, faces fuzz up at less than 4 metres and can only roughly be recognised, he even tried adding additional IR emitters at the suggestion of the fitter but it only slightly increases the clarity of the image, he asked about better quality night image capable camera and got told he'd be better off with two separate camera's, one dedicated daylight and one high res dedicated night image camera that would see him literally doubling what he's already paid (which even tho he didnt give me exact figures was £500+ already)

Edited by shawdreamer

good man :-) i never looked into the legal side of things because they're all fine with it as above but because it protects them too a smidge :-)

i might be a tad paranoid but this car will be the muts nuts and if i get it i'll be treating it the BEST i've ever treat a car....EVER.

ouch shaw. not what i want to hear! lol

good man :-) i never looked into the legal side of things because they're all fine with it as above but because it protects them too a smidge :-)

i might be a tad paranoid but this car will be the muts nuts and if i get it i'll be treating it the BEST i've ever treat a car....EVER.

ouch shaw. not what i want to hear! lol

sorry fella but least ya now wont waste your money on what could likely be a setup thats not upto the job, better to know now you need to spend big than to spend small first and then have to spend big anyway later.

I decent alarm system is usually all you should need.

my car alarm gives warnings if you so much as nudge a alloy (tho having a vibration sensor that sensitive can be feckin annoyin given the amount of cats round my way), which is enough to deter any theft or direct damage.

Not that could see where they came from, what they done and where they went

is there no street lighting in close to the selected parking spot?, if its at least partially lit you may not even require a night capable camera and could better rely on a hi def multipurpose camera.

Peewee whats illegal about recording other peoples property?

It's a grey area if not for business purposes & hard to uphold. People have a right of privacy upon their own property and the right to be not under 24hr surveilance by a member of the public with no legal need to be recording them. Im sure you wouldn't want my camera pointing at your home 24/7 and recording your every move. The law is their to protect you if you indeed protest it.