Isit worth me getting a iPhone 3Gs with a SIM-Only contract?

LiamGTR

My plans are:

Get iPhone 3Gs

Get Sim-only contract

Jailbreak

Have loads of cool rubbish like Free Sat Nav etc.

Will it work? Or isit better to just get a iphone + contract straight from 02 and jailbreak that ?

How cab you get a phone on a SIM-ONLY contract LOL

Just wait til I upgrade and you can have this...

If you want new just buy on contract and use wifi wherever you can as theyve limited usage now where I have 3gb t use now and on average I use 955mb when not on wifi

If you want new just buy on contract and use wifi wherever you can as theyve limited usage now where I have 3gb t use now and on average I use 955mb when not on wifi

As in buy just a 3Gs on it's own (eBay)

i have an iphone...then got a sim only contract... £20 a month 500 minutes , unlimited texts and 500mb of internet use ...on orange

And the net etc. works exactly the same as if it were on 02 ? just for some reason got into the thinking of it wont be the same for some reason ?

As in buy just a 3Gs on it's own (eBay)

i have an iphone...then got a sim only contract... £20 a month 500 minutes , unlimited texts and 500mb of internet use ...on orange

And the net etc. works exactly the same as if it were on 02 ? just for some reason got into the thinking of it wont be the same for some reason ?

eh ?? ...maybe its because i've had a long shift and drank a couple bottles of magners quick... but I cant work that out

Just picked up a phone through a certain comparison supermarket for money and im quite pleased with the deal i got. HTC wildfire 300 mins, unlimited text and 1GB internet per month, on 24 month contract @ £15 a month but with 7 months free line rental. Would have cost more to go directly to T-mobile. Quick delivery as well despite weather conditions.

Best bet is to check said comparison supermarket and look through there as there are plenty of phones and loads of options.

never buy an iphone off ebay!

I got my daughter an iPhone off eBay was exactly as described works perfectly, she is on 02 but on pay as you go put her sim card in (was told need 3G sim card but you don't) phone works exactly same as a contract one.

But was gona jailbreak it but when we asked guy as it payg you won't get the same benefits as a contract one so didn't bother.

eBay is ok never had a problem with it but I only buy from people with 100% feedback.

never buy an iphone off ebay!

I got my daughter an iPhone off eBay was exactly as described works perfectly, she is on 02 but on pay as you go put her sim card in (was told need 3G sim card but you don't) phone works exactly same as a contract one.

But was gona jailbreak it but when we asked guy as it payg you won't get the same benefits as a contract one so didn't bother.

eBay is ok never had a problem with it but I only buy from people with 100% feedback.

Jailbreaking a contract or payg iphone gives exactly the same rusults so Im not sure what you were expecting?

As for Ebay and iphones well its a very dodgy game. Even if you go to view the phone you can't see it working with your sim due to needing to activate the phone via itunes with your sim & personal details. An iphone can be rendered useles easily by the seller.

To answer you Liam, yes it is worth it, wifi is great anyway, just make sure when you go to friends and family you get there network wireless key, put these & your own into the iphone and it will auto find each one and connect. This will reduce your data usuage. I kniw this as my previous iphone was on payg. If your sim isn't 3G pop into O2 and they will sort it free for you.

Edited by PeeWee